585,970 active members*
4,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How do I enter comments into a Fanuc OiM?

I'm already familiar with entering comments using the () bracket keys, but the control panel on our new Hardinge VMC doesn't have the brackets, I only have the [] brackets used for formulaes, any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Darc,

You may not be able to do it at the control if there are no () keys..sucks I now..My OTc also does not have a "full" key pad..

You may have to do like I did in the days of programing at the control ...after the program is built, post it to a editor and add the comments..

I now program everything in my cad/cam software. It automatically adds the comments where I want.

Maybe someone else knows if a OiM will take something other than ( ) for comments..my bet is not..been wrong before though.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Check parameter 3204 bit 6 or 4

If you have the Fanuc Parameter Book. Look under parameter 3204 bit 6 or 4. Turn that on to 1. It will give you ( & ). Be in edit mode, soft arrow over two times until you see [C-ext]. This will give you ( , ) and @. Let me know if you can't find the parameter. Here's my email address [email protected]. If need more help, email me.

Thanks mavs84, it certainly worked the only thing I noticed is I need to enter a character first to get the soft menu to change first then press the right soft arrow twice, delete the character and away I go.

Darc, I'm glad I was able to help. Let me if I can do everything else for you. Let me know when your company is looking at more machines. We import Leadwell CNC into the USA. Leadwell is a much better made product then Hardinge. We also sell Hardinge in the USA in Texas. Here's my personal email address [email protected]. Let me what other info you may need. I'm also planning to vacation in Australia to next year. Talk to you later