584,802 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Amplifier Fault on Y axis. Won't Reset.

Amplifier Fault on Y axis. Won't Reset.

The machine was over traveled in Y while in Jog and now it won't reset itself. When the machine is powered on, the initialize screen comes up, and when you hit jog, it will get an amplifier fault (no matter what axis you have selected), go to reset (you can hear it) count down from 2, and that's it. This has happened before and all we did was power down, and go through the above steps, and we were able to jog it home and CS.

Any ideas?

shut the machine off and turn the ball screw by hand away from the limits, it may have overtraveled too hard and got stuck so when it energizers it automatically kicks off.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    shut the machine off and turn the ball screw by hand away from the limits, it may have overtraveled too hard and got stuck so when it energizers it automatically kicks off.
    Delw's answer is what I have done when that happened to me. It can occur when a CS has not been done. Nothing wrong with moving the axis around without Cold Starting but be aware of a few things;
    Don't shut down at the far end of travels and always move back to the CS marks before doing the cold start. If the machine is not at the CS marks when you power up... press the jog button and move it to the marks before cold starting.
    Steve:wave:

Thanks for the reply... that's what I was afraid of. Bare with here, I am a "maintenance" noob. The table is all the way forward, so I climbed inside and pulled back the spring covering the ball screw, but I don't see a nut or anything to get a grip on to turn it.

The ball screw itself rotates, just reach in (machine off) and hand rotate the screw until the table has moved off the end a couple of inches. Then turn the machine on and use the white jog button to move to the marks on all axis before CS it.
    Steve

Never would of thought you could move the table by hand like that. Anyway, I moved it back about 4 inches and still nothing. I would think that would be far enough. The thing that puzzles me is I could understand Y having the amplifier fault, but if I have X or Z selected and hit Jog when the initialize screen is up, it also faults those axises. Do they run independently as far as electrical? Thanks for the suggestions, any other ideas?

Thanks!

Garrett

Got it now! I opened up the side cabinet and pressed all the reset buttons, fired it back up and she's good to go!

Thanks again for all the help guys, much appreciated!

Garrett
    :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by GM81 View Post
    Got it now! I opened up the side cabinet and pressed all the reset buttons, fired it back up and she's good to go!

Thanks again for all the help guys, much appreciated!

Garrett
    :cheers:
    I'm glad you thought of that. You just cured my headache today. I had the same problem and it looks like it's gone now.