585,733 active members*
5,066 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Los Angeles area mentor

I am looking for a mentor or mentors in the Los Angeles area and I am near Pasadena. I want to built something, anything here in the US. Unfortunately, I am not in the manufacturing sector and "anything" is a fairly large target. After a couple years of "nothing" I think I am going need quite a bit help.

I have small CNC mil with a 4th axis and will add a router and maybe a small lathe in the coming months.

Anyway, if you have a project in mind that require cnc machining as long if the cost if not too high I'll do my best to accommodate. I have some vague notion on a few project, but dreaming up a concept is a lot different from actually building it. . .

Actually, come to think of it, you may not even have to be near Los Angeles, if you have a part you want to make, hopefully it's aluminum and require only commonly available tools, and is willing to answer whatever question I may have to machine the part, feel free to let me know.

The only catch, please don't ask me to make anything that will be eventually outsourced to an authoritarian country.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

If you are still looking for help I can probably assist you. I an in Sylmar, not too far from Pasadena.
    Tinmuk
    Any problem can be solved by the proper application of heat!

Hi John and Tinmuk. I just moved to L.A. and I'm looking to meet CNC/Engineer buddies. I have a machine tool technology degree and I've programmed in the automotive industry. I can definately help you John, I have the software(Solidworks and FeatureCAM) to do 3D CAD/CAM, the whole shebang. Tinmunk, I wouldn't mind talking to you either. Feel free to email me or just reply here. [email protected]