585,722 active members*
4,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Offset, measure the first tool and second tool

Lightbulb Offset, measure the first tool and second tool

Hey all my teach in this forum.
    I've the confus in set-up of my machine Lynx 200 fanuc 21T.
    In the offset (work for first tool, the second tool for geometry section) . But when I measure the diameter in X for first the value is same as I measure the second tool diameter .For set my zéro part (piece) .
    Someone get an idea . Could you give any information for help me out this trouble.
    thanx for all .

Are you using the Q-Setter?

Angry

hello.
    Yes , but a question I don't understand the measure first
    tool and second .
    Thanx

I don't understand your question.

Touch all tools off the Q-Setter.
    Activate the tool offset you want to use to set G54, i.e.:
    MDI T0101; CYCLE START.
    Touch tool 1 to the end of the part.
    In Work Offset 54, type Z 0 [MEASUR]

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    MDI T0101; CYCLE START.
    May be a white MEASURE button that needs to be pressed before pressing the MEASUR soft key.

Not on any Lynx that I've seen... but I could be mistaken.

Not on any Lynx that I've seen... but I could be mistaken.
    I venture to say that this is one of the few times you have been wrong!

We have 3 Daewoo Lynx lathes with 21i-T controls. They all have the white button that has to be pressed first. We also have 3 Daewoo 200MS lathes with 18T controls that also have it. We have an old Daewoo Puma 8 and a Daewoo 200S that all have a button on the control that has to be pushed first. The Puma has an OT control and is set by MZ0 INPUT...after you press another button on the control first. Otherwise you won't get the correct workshift.

Never seen a Daewoo that didn't have one, but then these are the only ones I am familiar with as I've never worked in another machine shop.

Sorry, I didn't remember it being white. My understanding is that Doosan is phasing out the "Tool Measure" button. I've never used it, and I always get the correct work offset, as long as I have the tool offset active. But as I said, I could be mistaken.

I have had the same experience as G code guy with the work offset being set incorrectly if I don't use the "tool measure" button. Parameter 5005 bit 2 set to a 0 allows the direct input of tool offset value and the workpiece coordinate-system shift value, and does not require a PRC signal. I copied this definition out of the Fanuc Parameter Manual so please don't ask me what a PRC signal is. In layman's terms, it shuts off the "tool measure" button. I was in a shop yesterday that has bought their 4th Doosan lathe, and I have done this on all of their lathes and it works just fine.

I can't wait until Doosan takes the tool measure button off their controls. I am of the opinion that if it can be turned off with a parameter, it has no business being there in the first place. I hear it all the time, "I don't have to do that on my Mori". Hopefully very soon Doosan won't require that either.

Daewoosan, thanks for the information. I will have to give it a try when I get some free time.

Our 300MC with a 21Tb-i also has the "tool measure" button, but it's function is to allow tool setting without the use of the Q-setter. When using the Q-setter, the proper geometry value is entered when the tool contacts the sensor.

If you set the tool by taking a cut and measuring the diameter, then you must press the "tool measure" button before entering the diameter and pressing the "measure" softkey.

Quote Originally Posted by grweldon View Post
    Our 300MC with a 21Tb-i also has the "tool measure" button, but it's function is to allow tool setting without the use of the Q-setter. When using the Q-setter, the proper geometry value is entered when the tool contacts the sensor.

If you set the tool by taking a cut and measuring the diameter, then you must press the "tool measure" button before entering the diameter and pressing the "measure" softkey.
    I agree with grweldon thats how it works on our Doosans

Q-SETTER

MDI T0101; CYCLE START.
    YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION WITHOUT ASKING. THANKS

Tool Setter

Quote Originally Posted by domax View Post
    Hey all my teach in this forum.
    I've the confus in set-up of my machine Lynx 200 fanuc 21T.
    In the offset (work for first tool, the second tool for geometry section) . But when I measure the diameter in X for first the value is same as I measure the second tool diameter .For set my zéro part (piece) .
    Someone get an idea . Could you give any information for help me out this trouble.
    thanx for all .
    Im not sure if I understand, but I think the value is going to the Work Shift.
    If so, set parameter 5005 bit 5 to a 1.
    Find it, fix it, and leave it alone. But make sure you find it, make sure you fix it, before you leave it alone.