585,971 active members*
4,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc Eprom

Fanuc Eprom

I have a OM-A control in a wire I would like to copy the 14 pin eproms dose anyone here do this kind of work .....? Can someone recomend a eprom programer I can buy ......? Are these chip encoded so the avgerage guy cant copy them.........Thanks Guys.......

May I ask you what is the purpose of copying them? Are you going to make a backup or a mod?

What is the number on the eprom?
    I picked up a eprom programmer on ebay a couple of years ago, the guy was bringing them in from China, it really covers many types both serial and parallel etc. Tests TTL IC's.
    Runs off a USB port.
    Unfortunately I cannot find his site anymore.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have purchased a bad board off ebay.......The board in my machine works execpt for downloading or uploading programs......The new board will be sent out for repair......My machine is wire edm the new board is from a lathe , I believe.....I dont want to pull the board out of a running machine untill I have a board that is fully working.....This is why I need a second set...Is it dufficult to copy eprom chips form a om control.....Thanks

If you are talking RS232 transmit/receive, the IC's that may be the problem are not eproms, they can be the 1488/1489 RS232 drivers or similar type.
    I usually trace the RS232 port back to the relevant IC using an ohm meter if necessary, most are off the shelf IC's.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
    I have a OM-A control in a wire I would like to copy the 14 pin eproms dose anyone here do this kind of work .....? Can someone recomend a eprom programer I can buy ......? Are these chip encoded so the avgerage guy cant copy them.........Thanks Guys.......
    All you need are an eprom programer....take off the Eprom from the board and put it into the programer to read the content of the Eprom,save it to file.
    You can use these files for back up purpose or you can use the programer write these files to another blank Eprom (copy Eprom)
    These Eprom are not encoded so you can copy them freely