585,722 active members*
4,496 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Rutex Products > Servo Drives > Slow Response to RUTEX Queries
Page 1 of 2 12

Cool Slow Response to RUTEX Queries

(flame2)
    You guys really need to be more responsive and faster.

I've been inquiring about your R2010 Brushed Servo board...and no feedback.

I need to know things like pricing, availability, dimensions of single boards, stacked drivers with I/O and motherboard.

Hey, you need a new dealer in the US. Contact me and I'll get things hopping for RUTEX!

Paul Danneman
    [email protected]

Hey, you need a new dealer in the US. Contact me and I'll get things hopping for RUTEX!
    Paul Danneman
    [email protected]
    Send all enquiries to my hotmail address

For me and my dial up line this CNC zone website is slower than a snail, so I answer when the forum sends me notification that there are emails to be responded to, if no one else does....
    By the way, things are already hopping for Rutex products. The demand is so high that we are struggling to keep up with the increased orders.
    So hot that next year you might be able to afford a cable connection. :stickpoke

EDIT: It is so common in this forum that you see people wondering what servo drivers to buy. I would have thought that with such a high concerntration of CNCers in this forum that this would have to be the number one place to work your product promotion. I am surprised that Rutex doesnt even have an add in this forum, I recon Ive done more promoting of your product than you guys have.
    I am surprised that you dont make productt announcments here, and give more details of what is in the pipeworks etc.
    Hey what about offering a set of boards in a competition here. That will generate heaps of interest.

EDIT: I WANT TO KNOW IF RUTEX IS WORKING ON AN ANSWER TO GECKOS USB DRIVES.
    You see its a bit like Ford drivers and Chev drivers, when you own one you feel like your on that team and are cheering them on. I feel like Rutex is the underdog at the minute or is there a secret plan?

EDIT:
    so I answer when the forum sends me notification that there are emails to be responded to, if no one else does....
    What? That sounds reasuring!

Hey guys...easy on the dial-up users. (wedge) DSL is available 3 miles from my house and I can't get it. I talked with the local telephone co last week and so far nor plans are made to move it this way any time soon. Cable is not available and I am not going to gothe sat. system. From what I have been told and read, too much money and too unreliable. There are some of us out here that hove no other choice but dial-up.
    Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Need a givaway. :banana: 3 axis package of drives. That would be nice. But if there so busy like they say then they would not wanna advertise or give anything away. :stickpoke
    As for dial up. That was my only option up here in the woods of North Idaho till i found satalite. I get 800kbps down and 56kbps up. Its slow on the up but i can pull a large file down quick. $70 a month its very high but when you live this far out its way better than dialup.

Heres a rutex drive question for you. Do you have a drive that will control my
    5 Fanuc Perm Mag AC Servos. Biggest motors are 6.4amp stall 114V.
    All are 3 phase 8 pole 2000rpm .
    ABS Pulse Coder on motors.
    I have single phase power in my shop.
    I was told Fanuc is propitary so i should get different motors. Thought I would ask to see what you guys could do.

Donny :cheers:

www.whiterivermfg.com

A give-away would be a great promotional tool, and they are welcome to do it. I would do it and give them some free advertising in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by rutexus
    For me and my dial up line this CNC zone website is slower than a snail,
    If it can make you happier, I can tell you it is not fast here on my DSL line either. The reason seems to be that each page consists of up to 40 items!!

Too much dead meat. It does help a little bit if you set your options so you don't see the avatars.

Edit: Actually this page at the moment is 54 items without avatars!!!!

Most pages if not all load in under 0.22335 seconds, dial is brutal no matter what. I'm sorry about it but their is not much I can do about it. I just bought a dedicated server to help things out, it's a Pent 3.0 using hyperthreading, it cost a nice chunk of change.

Hey guys..

The issue is about Rutex service not the Zobnes dialup speed. If it is slow it is your own connection not the CNC zones.

Getting back to the issue... Rutex service has slowed... I sent 2 emails over 2 weeks ago and no response. I know people are busy.. but even a response saying we acknowledge your email would be appreciated.

Customer Service is what makes a business and lack of it kills the business. Lots of businesses have great products but fail becasue of service. Not saying Rutex is heading that way... but people will look at alternatives..eg.. Gecko

If you are too busy to reply quickly...then you need to hire help..

By the way.. The Rutex products are great...

cheers

Moondog,

You "hit the nail on the head!"

I still don't have the info on how I can mechanically package their products into a solution. Got "no stinking dimensions" for the envelop and / or mounting options. It would also be nice to have info on cooling, but I can figure that out.

See, I use my hotmail address to keep from receiving SPAM at my cable addy.

Paul

Thank you for your support

Gentlemen,

A number of you have contributed positive remarks about the Rutex products, and I want to thank you for this.

Rutex is in a growth pattern right now. Just a little more than a year ago there was no-one to do any support for customers in the USA. Now emails coming into the Rutex web site are answered more than once a day, and exchanges, upgrades and even some repairs are done in the USA.

Additionally, credit card processing, and Pay pal can be used to order from the USA. That is the latest improvement.

It is still a part time operation and everyone is stretching to do better.

The new 2000 series drives that are described on the Rutex web site is our answer to the usb board that Gecko is planning. They will use SPI rather than usb, for those who wish to program a control rather than use the step and direction controls.

At this time, I cannot afford to advertize on this forum.

Again, thank you for your support. I encourage you to check into the Rutex.com web site for information on our products.

Sincerely,

Tom Eldredge, Rutex LLC.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Guess my question to the rutex rep went unanswered. So much for great support.
    I'll ask again for the last time.

Heres a rutex drive question for you. Do you have a drive that will control my
    5 Fanuc Perm Mag AC Servos. Biggest motors are 6.4amp stall 114V.
    All are 3 phase 8 pole 2000rpm .
    ABS Pulse Coder on motors.
    I have single phase power in my shop.
    I was told Fanuc is propitary so i should get different motors. Thought I would ask to see what you guys could do.

Donny

www.whiterivermfg.com

At this time, I cannot afford to advertize on this forum.
    No money !

By the way, things are already hopping for Rutex products. The demand is so high that we are struggling to keep up with the increased orders.
    Lots of money coming in !

A give-away would be a great promotional tool, and they are welcome to do it. I would do it and give them some free advertising in exchange.
    No need to spend money !

There is an incompatability issue with all these quotes!

I'd be willing to "give back" to the members, if Rutex provides a give-away I will provide free advertising in exchange.

I'd be willing to "give back" to the members, if Rutex provides a give-away I will provide free advertising in exchange.
    That sounds like a great offer. Gee when I see all the cafuffle over a lousy CD of software that the members make, I can imagine the incredible responce over some servo drivers. In reality when a sofware company gives away a licence it is only giving away the cost of a blank CD.( 50 Cents) Guaranteed the winner was never going to buy the software in the first place. I would expect people been much more excited about the chance of winning a real item like some servo cards.
    Besides, it will put Rutex on the minds of so many potential buyers in the future.

Edit: Send me a set of your new cards when they are released and I will do a review on them also.

Once the doubts start

This thread is certainly making me think twice. I am at the stage where I have to make up my mind between Rutex or Gecko. I have been recommended to use Gecko but am tending to favour Rutex because of the mother board and IO board facilities. Now I am having doubts.

I am not an electronics expert in any way, shape or form and I have to make up my mind by watching the threads here and reading what others say about functionality, reliability, ease of installation and customer support.

Customer support is everything and once a message gets out that things are not quite right, whether it is right or wrong, customers will start voting with their feet, or should that be wallets.

Mike

Mike, the truth is you will do fine with Rutex, I use them and have had great support from Vlad ( The owner ) in the past. I have had very quick responses at all times to all my dumb questions. I have a suspiscion that some here are firing questions all the time to Rutex asking questions that can be easily answered if they just read the manual first.

Did you read my Rutex review here in this forum? http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...ewarticle&id=9

Benny,

Yes I did and it was one of the main reasons I considered them in the first place.

Good point you make about firing questions.

Mike

[QUOTE=ynneb]Mike, the truth is you will do fine with Rutex, I use them and have had great support from Vlad ( The owner ) in the past. I have had very quick responses at all times to all my dumb questions. I have a suspiscion that some here are firing questions all the time to Rutex asking questions that can be easily answered if they just read the manual first.
    QUOTE]
    That's an awfully big assumption on firing questions. :stickpoke
    I'm trying to design them into a product and needed info on packaging, they also claim that in Jan 2005 the 2000 product line would be available...it's not.

Donny,

My short answer is probably not. The longer one is:

If the motors have hall effect transistor feed back then they could also be called DC brushless drives. Then our R992H drives would work.

My bet is that they have synchro resolver feed back, and it would be more of a pain in the neck than it is worth to try to use them. I hope this helps.

Tom
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Mike,

If you are interested in Rutex products, I encourage you to go to the Rutex.com web site for support. When I purchase a product and want support, I get in touch with the manufacturer or their representative for the support I need.

I am glad that there is additional support offered here in this forum for our users, but in my opinion, that should be support provided by the users for the users. Please give this some consideration. We support our customers well, but not through every forum that has users of our products.

We have seriously considered the advertising costs and benefits, and at this time we have not decided to move forward. Our growth is based on the good support we have been providing and the quality products.

Our policy is that if you buy our drives and don't like them, you can return them for a full refund, so if you want to make a real comparison, you are free to try.

Tom Eldredge, Rutex LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12