585,708 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD V23 on Fadal 4020 CNC88HS question

BobCAD V23 on Fadal 4020 CNC88HS question

I have a part done in Solidworks, opened in BobCAD V23. It ends up being a very long file, so I am successfully using DNC to transfer it to the CNC88HS control... I noticed however that the feed rate is SUPPPERRR SLOOOOWWW...something like F1.436 or close to that... The material is Aluminum... It is a rough cut... It doesn't seem to be using the default value....?? Do I need to calibrate the feeds between the machine and the software? I am using Format 2, and the CNC88 post...

Thanks!!

I know nothing about BCC but I CAN tell you for sure that your issue is with BCC or its post processor has nothing to do with the machine or "calibration of transfer"
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

There should be a way to Over Ride the Default Feeds and Speeds. Have you checked your Help Files?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

MBX5,

What are the feeds that are being output in your code?

Chances are that the default feeds and speeds are more conservative than you need.

You can do one of three things,

1. Edit the Feeds and speeds per operation. This would entail editing each operation. You do not have to re-compute the paths. Once in the operation, go to the tool page(s) and click the Manual button above the speeds and feeds. Then you can edit the feed rates.

2. Edit the Cutting Conditions. This one is a rather cumbersome method. Before editing these, search the Help Files for Cutting Conditions. You should be able to find the information needed for adjusting them in that topic.

3. Do a Find and Replace for the slow feedrates.

Regards

Try this.
    Before you generate toolpath, go to your material selection and select ANYTHING other than aluminum. Select ok then go back and re-select aluminum. Generate toolpath and post. If you ever change geometry or the toolpath setting, or close the file and re-open it, change the material and accept it, then change it back to the desired material, re-compute the toolpath and post. Your feeds should be appropriate.

I think I found the problem. I had the correct post selected, but had the wrong machine selected in the Mill section....seemed to make a difference....

Thanks!

daveallen Guest

Re: BobCAD V23 on Fadal 4020 CNC88HS question

For a free trial of The Machinist Black Book email DaVicki-llc@outlook,com and put trial in the subject.
    Speed and Feed calculator for over 3000 materials and handy references for the machinist and programmer.