585,676 active members*
4,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Help NH4000 HORIZONTAL PALLET CHANGE

Question Help NH4000 HORIZONTAL PALLET CHANGE

I have entered the work number for the pallets A and B, but it does not seem to load and run the proper program.
    I end the program with,

M60;
    M30;
    Percent sign

The M60 calls a subroutine 900?
    I haven't found anything in the manuals.
    It also errors with "Program number not found".
    New at this machine, first part program with 2 pallets.

Thanks
    Scott Bridges

:violin:

I am a repairman and don't know a whole lot of programming but I think you need to input the program number as the work number. I am not at the machine now but I think it is somewhere if you press the setting button and there should be a work soft key that comes up on the bottom of the screen. These are the program numbers for pallet a+b which I think changes during the m60 command.

did you Zero return all 4 Axis and press the ready switch to "ON" position for pallet change?
    Ahn Vuong

I checked our program today and this may make sense to you but before the M30 we have an N60 not a M60 which is my understanding calls up a O100 subprogram for the pallet change. Make any sense?

Thanks All
    Yes I have entered the work number , the program number for the pallet A and pallet B.
    The machine works ok I just have to be sure I have the right program for the right pallet.
    Usually the N60 would be a line number or block number.
    I found that variable #147 holds a #1 for pallet A in the work position , and #2 for pallet B.
    I may have to write a macro program and sub call the right program.
    Thanks again.
    Scott Bridges

I have also found that M60 pallet load, and M61 pallet unload??
    I tried M61 from MDI and it didn't do anything but freeze, hit reset to return.
    Scott Bridges

I have found that you must :
    g91g30z0.
    g28b0.
    the table must be clamped, then parameters set correct, a m02 or m30 will search for the program # for the correct pallet and the setup station ready button pressed, it will work.
    My problem error 59 program # not found was the result of 8 digits in the work number setting, and all programs were ? 4 digits long.
    Thanks to Tim .
    Scottyb

Pallet change

Look at the Mcode list in the back of the Ladder book. I think M60 is just change pallet, M61 is pallet A, M62 is pallet B

It is running fine now. Running programs on both pallets, you need to have the pallet set in the pallet change position at 0, and locked, only to us a mo2 or m30 and have the workstation ready button pressed, and it will index and run the program specified by the work number set.
    Thanks
    Scottyb :]

well, this is an old post and you fixed it but the problem you were having was you were using M60 to command your pallet changes. Mori horizontals using the work number screen automatically pallet change on M30 with the button pushed in. You had one too many commands and were confusing the machine

Re: Help NH4000 HORIZONTAL PALLET CHANGE

well, glad to see this post. Im dealing with this right now on the same machine as you. Im not looking to register my programs, cause I change programs often and do not want to deal with registering them everytime I switch. Also I have programs that work both pallets and I dont want to split that program into 2 so I can register them properly. All I want is for the machine to listen to M60s when I tell it to. I got 2 other old moris that do the same thing. This is starting to annoy me. I might just have to do some digging on how to turn this "feature" off.