585,602 active members*
3,553 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Need Help- Hardinge CHNC II

Need Help- Hardinge CHNC II

I'm having some problems with my Hardinge CHNC II. Maybe someone has some suggestions for things to check or troubleshoot so I can this machine back up and running. Here's what's going on:
    When the machine is turned on, and I try to zero return, the Z axis homes out fine but X overtravels- it never slows down like it it sensing home position. So far I've tested the relays that are on the left side of the cross slide at the back. There are 3 of them stacked together and they are all 24 volt. All of them read 24 volts and when I depress each one, they all zeroed out, so I am assuming these are good. I've been on the phone with Hardinge technicians and made no progress.
    ANY suggestions are appreciated. Thanks-

did you check the operation of those switches at the cabinet or at the switch? if at the switch i suggest checking in the cabinet make sure you don't have a broken wire.

Silly thought, Check for swarf on the X home prox. switch. I quite often had to clear steel swarf off our Z axis one as they are magnetic.

James

I checked at the switches, so I will check at the cabinet also.

And do you know where the magnet is located? Someone else mentioned it to me, but I'm not familiar with where it's at.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by CatesMetal View Post
    I'm having some problems with my Hardinge CHNC II. Maybe someone has some suggestions for things to check or troubleshoot so I can this machine back up and running. Here's what's going on:
    When the machine is turned on, and I try to zero return, the Z axis homes out fine but X overtravels- it never slows down like it it sensing home position. So far I've tested the relays that are on the left side of the cross slide at the back. There are 3 of them stacked together and they are all 24 volt. All of them read 24 volts and when I depress each one, they all zeroed out, so I am assuming these are good. I've been on the phone with Hardinge technicians and made no progress.
    ANY suggestions are appreciated. Thanks-
    Just re load the parameter from IPL mode If you have back up of machine.If you can successfully re load the parameter once in machine to clear all memory your problem will be resolved If still you have any problem you can communicate me on [email protected] or on +91-9430737981
    Regards
    Prabhat Mishra