585,914 active members*
3,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Tesla Turbine Creates Liquid Electricity!!!

Tesla Turbine Creates Liquid Electricity!!!

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    What???? Sorry Toby but I can't avoid expostulating; how in h**l do they think the elctricity coming from the Hoover Dam or any other hydro-electric installation is generated.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Think about running water lines in your home to generate electricity to run the common appliances.

Feeling "Green" yet??

You have a Hover Dam in your House without the noise or pollution LOL.

What ideas du you get now, and I know if anyone, you have a few great ones.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

And what is liquid electriciry? At a high enough pressures electrons can become metalic, we are talking core of jupiler pressures. It sounds like something from the worm runners digest.
    Amplexus Ender

OK...I'll bite...I'm not getting this. I'm considered a fairly smart guy, but what's so new about this?(nuts)
    Is this Candid Camera??
    Now if they are suggesting that just by the pressure alone ( no flow ) they are generating electrictiy...that might be something. Having the potential on one side and not using it on the other, just doesn't work.
    Steve

Where does it say that it is NEW Technology??

This is older than the Hover Dam itself in most respects.

My thought at first sight was to use the pluming in your home to generate small amounts of electricity for common lighting and appliances in your home.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

A tesla turbine is just a really inefficient way of getting work from flowing water. It uses the viscosity of the fluid to create a force on the disks that will make it turn, guess what... the vanes or fins in a normal turbine do that MUCH better.

In either case you cannot get something from nothing, if you extract work from that flowing water, the water will slow down, you are turning kinetic energy into electricity. Guess where that kenetic energy in that water came from? The water tower it is coming from! The tower is at a higher level than your home, so it uses its potential energy (height above your home) to generate its kenetic energy ( flowing through the pipe). To get it up in that water tower your local PSA used a water pump... which is simply a turbine (with blades) that is turned by a motor. So in the end, you dont get "free energy" you are only using the energy stored in that water by that pump.

If you dont believe me, take a look at the first law of thermodynamics. BTW tesla "invented' this in 1913, this isnt new, SORRY JUST SAW YOU POST THAT YOU KNEW THIS PART and nobody on youtube has made any new discoveries. Having said that, ya it is pretty neat that you can build something at home that can get up to those high speeds!

If you wanted to really save energy, think about how you could take the warm water from the shower, and use it to pre heat the water going into your water heater.

Reconsidering this devise is pretty useless. Oh well.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Reconsidering this devise is pretty useless. Oh well.
    Naaa...it's good for young engineering types to make usless things. That way they may make something useful later on!

Back before electric wires were running to every house there were thousands of companies making "water motors" (some kind of turbine) and "water engines" (some kind of positive displacement device).
    They were used to run sewing machines, ice cream makers, table saws, washing machines, basicaly anything we now bolt an electric motor to. And yep some of them companies bolted them to generators and sold them as convienet ways of making light.

July 5 1889
    http://books.google.com/books?id=JI0oAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA17

Quote Originally Posted by jstiltner View Post
    If you wanted to really save energy, think about how you could take the warm water from the shower, and use it to pre heat the water going into your water heater.
    Easy, a counter flow heat exchanger.
    The hard part is keeping it from getting plugged up with soap scum an pubic hair.

If you really want to save a lot of energy in the summer:
    1) Take the cold condensate draining off of the AC evaporator coils in your attic.
    2) Run insulated tubing to the condensor outside.
    3) Arrange a feed to drip the cold water on the condensor coils, instead of dumping that nearly ice cold water into the sewer system.

Your AC compressor will have to do a lot less work, and it would be a significant improvement in your electric bill each month.

The only downside is that your external coils will probably need cleaning much more often (which is a good idea anyway).