585,997 active members*
5,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KITAMURA MYCENTER 1/485

Hi, We have a KITAMURA Machine, Model MyCenter 1/485, we would like to add a 4th axis, the control panel have the led light for initial position for this axis, also the push button for to do it. We would like to know how to do that.
    It would be possible?

4Th Axis

You Have to see if the machine a servo drive for that Axis. Also alot of NC parameters will need to be set. Some depends on what kind of 4th axis you put on it.

KITAMURA 4TH AXIS

NOT HAVE THE DRIVE.
    THE CONTROL IS FANUC 10M
    WE HAVE ONE 4TH AXIS BRAND HAAS
    IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO USE IT WITH THIS CONTROL? OR
    WE MUST TO USE FANUC BRAND?

Yes, If you want a true-4 axis you need Fanuc Drive,Parameters, Cables. If you want to run just a 4-axis indexer "one that will only index you can't control it with a feed rate" all you need is spare "M-Code" like M100.

4th Axis Haas as indexer

I would like to use this 4th axis as indexer, I have M codes available, so, I need to get a drive, cables and interface board?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Arguijo View Post
    I would like to use this 4th axis as indexer, I have M codes available, so, I need to get a drive, cables and interface board?
    Yes

Could you help me to get the drive and the interface board, please?

4 axis

Could you help me to get the drive and the interface board, please?
    You need to see if you can find a copy of the data sheets on the machine. Then call Fanuc they will want you to fax them to them. They will be the best to tell you what parts you need. There # is 1-888-fanucus.

If you want a full 4th axis then you need a servo drive and to switch on the drive requires an option parameter setting which officially has to be done by the M/C manufacturer of Fanuc. You also need the servo parameters. If it is an indexer Haas supply a control unit which you connect one of the spare M code outputs to (M42 if I remember correctly ) there is a relay and terminal on the Kitamura interface board. and an input for the Haas finished signal. Then every time the M code is output the indexer moves one program line.
    Hope this helps
    AllyD

If you want to add the 4th as an indexer, this is not too difficult. PM me, and I will discuss with you the process. As a full 4th, it is as the others stated here.
    Learn more at Bostock CNC online
    http://www.bostock-cnc.com/

Hi

Hi, We have a KITAMURA Machine, Model MyCenter 1/485, we would like to add a 4th axis, the control panel have the led light for initial position for this axis, also the push button for to do it. We would like to know how to do that.
    It would be possible?
    I have purchased Kitamura Mycenter 1/485 (used) recently. Control is Fanuc 10M. But when i started machine there no parameters in system. Can you help me by providing Parameter List?

Is there anybody out there that can help with a parameter list for a Kitamura Mycenter 1/485 Machining center with Fanuc OMC control?