585,927 active members*
3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 3T - M10/M11 collet control setup ?

Fanuc 3T - M10/M11 collet control setup ?

Howdy,

I have a 1984 Nuclet 10 turning center with Fanuc 3t. I have talked to the distributor in US, Taiko and their associates in Japan. They've delivered some relays to enable program collet control to run some bars.

When I do M10 I hear a puff of air as though it's trying to do something.
    When I do M11 I hear nothing and the program hangs on the M11.

Am I correct to believe there is some setting in the Fanuc to allow this to work? Any clues?

Thanks !

Nelson
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

Nelz,

Check first the solenoid valve !!!

Daniel

Hey thanks,

The hand control which works the collet is reliable and quality. So I assume the air solenoid is in proper working order.

Nelson

Nelz,

Ok. When you put M10, its ok, you hear the sound of the valve, but you say "trying to do something". In this moment, the collets needs open or closed, depends of your ladder sequence. The collets do something ???

Regards,

Daniel

As I watch the program screen for execution timing, the M10 seems to last only .5 second or so, then moves on...
    I looked thru the manual for some toggle in software to tell the control to keep doing the M10 until the collet closure sensor sends the signal...could not find it. It's gotta be there, right?

Usually, M-codes need to have a confirmation signal (a finish signal) that the M-code has been completed. On an air powered collet, I would imagine that you have a pressure switch that senses if the collet piston has pressure or not. On the M10, the solenoid would turn on, and the pressure switch would confirm that the air pressure is low (collet opened). If the pressure switch shows low pressure, the M10 will "finish out" and the cycle will continue.

If, however, the M11 is executed and the pressure switch does not detect a HIGH pressure, it may "hang" at that point waiting for the M11 finish signal, which never comes. Adjusting the "high" pressure on the pressure switch should fix this. Maybe it would work properly if your air supply pressure were increased also.

This is just an educated guess, because I really don't know how your M10/M11 functions are wired. I would wire them up with a pressure switch as a "finish" signal, but not all machine tool builders would do it this way. Maybe there is a simple timer involved, where the M10 or M11 signal is output, but never confirmed by a switch. This is not the safe way to do it, but it's possible that your MTB used a timer.

Hey Thanks!

Actually Eguro did it right. There are magnetic sensors on the collet clamping cylinder sensing its state.

I am wondering if some 0 has to be changed to a 1 in the parameters of the Fanuc.