585,956 active members*
4,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: can i

can i

Does any one know if i can convert a newer mc file to an older version?
    example x3 to x

yes

Yes you just can not convert the tool paths, Also you have to have X3 to do it. When you save the file just use the options button.

inky is correct,

The toolpaths done in certain versions have options that were not available to earlier versions, so to avoid the session from freezing up on you, those toolpath operations cannot be opened in an earlier version ( even importing X3 toolpaths into X2 is impossible )

You can save only the geometry to an earlier verion by the "Save As" and in the window dialog, select the required version in the "Options" . I think it can only go back as far as V9

Problem- can i

That's too bad. With GibbsCam, I can save my work all the way back to Version 3 which was written in the mid to late 90's

That's too bad. With GibbsCam, I can save my work all the way back to Version 3 which was written in the mid to late 90's
    From that this tell me how slow they are to move forward in there software.
    Just wondering why do you want to take the toolpaths backward for.

the resin you can not take the paths back is do to all the toolpaths options that have been implemented sense the release of MC-X up to X3.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Only the drawing part and only if you have the version it was created in and then, why would you want to?
    The actual drawing can go back as far as you have versions, each version being able to go back one.
    Colin