584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KM3P problem startup

KM3P problem startup

I bought an 86 vintage KM3P about 2 months ago, when I brought it into my shop and hooked it up to power, it went thfough its paces fine. In fact there was still a program stored in memory and it ran through that program fine. I decided to keep the machine and proceeded to disassemble the cables, clean and paint it and upon reconnecting everything it will not power up. I have noticed a pattern where if I leave it off for an hour or two, when I power it up, all of the LED's on the console will illuminate but both screens are black and it does not respond to any input. All of the voltages at the Power In on the front panel connect board are as they should be. If I then remove the main power and reapply it, none of the LED's light. I am stumped as to why the machine ran in the first place.

Has anyone experienced these symtoms, any thoughts?

Jim

Which cables did you remove? Have you tried re-seating them and all the PCBs in the card rack?

I removed the cables to the servo motors and the main power cables to the spindle and various controls.

I did the re-seat exercise several times and last night removed the entire backplane and cleaned it thouroughly as it was a mess. But still nothing. It acts the same weather the dual-axis boards are in or not so I believe the problem to be in the Personality Board or Graphics board or CRT controller board.