585,925 active members*
3,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Business Practices > Business Practices / Pricing > do you think machining and manufacturing are dieing

Unhappy do you think machining and manufacturing are dieing

hello to all
    I have a question maybe some of you guys are in a simillar situation.
    I have been working for this company for 10 years and I must say I have survive most of the lay off we had in the past . but know it has been the slowest I have ever seen it we have been like this for the past year. I really dont know for how long this is going to keep on going. my question to anyone and everyone is how do you guys see manufacturing here in the USA. better, do you guys think that bassically manufacturing is dead here in the USA.
    Is it time to start a knew career. it is kind of sad to see this trade fade away.
    how do you guys feel about the machining industry.

for us we are working 40 hrs/week mostly because we have 150 ton crane and can do the heavy metal jobs. all 6 of our 6 inch G&L manual bars run 24 hrs 5 days a week, so right now if your company has the capacity to do the big stuff then i think you will be fine. offshore company's haven't been able to figure out a way to steel work that we do.

we repair and recondition large fabrication that otherwise would cost the company a small fortune to replace. also a company that adopts a pay as you go attitude such as ours can weather the storm.

manufacturing may be declining, but there will always be a need to repair rather then replace.