585,925 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas mini mill

I am thinking about getting a mini mill. I plan on making some sprockets for myself production wise. I know I could sell them.

Does anybody have this machine? How do you like it?

Pyro,

We have one of them on the floor..like it a lot..been a good machine..had it since Aug. 2000..

No issues what so ever..though it is not a VF3 by any means..still we replaced a cnc knee mill with the Mini..and it was a good decision..

HTH
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by wms
    Pyro,

We have one of them on the floor..like it a lot..been a good machine..had it since Aug. 2000..

No issues what so ever..though it is not a VF3 by any means..still we replaced a cnc knee mill with the Mini..and it was a good decision..

HTH
    What you mean not a vf3? Can it not do the same things? Or is it not as fast. If it isn't as fast I can deal with that cause I am used to a bridgeport now.

Well By that I mean a Mini Mill is Not a VF3..like a Chevy S10 Is not a Chevy 1Ton with a Duramax diesel..Apples and Oranges.

Yes a Mini can do what a VF3 can...just not as big of parts or as many of them at one time. It is just the difference between a 40 inch machine that weights 14,000 lbs and one that is a 16 inch machine that weights 3,400 lbs.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by wms
    Well By that I mean a Mini Mill is Not a VF3..like a Chevy S10 Is not a Chevy 1Ton with a Duramax diesel..Apples and Oranges.

Yes a Mini can do what a VF3 can...just not as big of parts or as many of them at one time. It is just the difference between a 40 inch machine that weights 14,000 lbs and one that is a 16 inch machine that weights 3,400 lbs.
    I see what you mean I wouldn't even be able to afford a vf3 what are they like 50k I could do 26 but not double that. I am only starting out.

So it is a good machine ot start out with?

Yes a Mini Mill is a good machine to start out with.. So is a VF1...

But you will find that a VF1 will go for about $42,000 new with no options..and VF3 is more like $85,000..so a Mini Mill will be around $30,000 base price new...Of course there are a few used machines around..

30k is more in my range for now hah

whoa now. Did I say mini mill. I think I meant tool room mill. What is the difference. besides the 14" more in the x axis?

really they look like the same machines. Same motor it apperas like just the mini comes with a took changer vs the tool room doesn't. hmm

Essentially they are the same machine, but the Tool Room Mill is derated to 200IPM for safety because it is a open machine (Thank you OSHA) where the Mini is I believe 600IPM rapids. , the spindle speed is also higher on the Mini at 6000rpm, the TM1 4000rpm.

If you decide on the TM1 because of pricing do definitely get the auto tool changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea
    Essentially they are the same machine, but the Tool Room Mill is derated to 200IPM for safety because it is a open machine (Thank you OSHA) where the Mini is I believe 600IPM rapids. , the spindle speed is also higher on the Mini at 6000rpm, the TM1 4000rpm.

If you decide on the TM1 because of pricing do definitely get the auto tool changer.
    yea I definilty wnat the auto tool changer hah I hate changing tools on the knee mill

I am selling mine...

Quote Originally Posted by pyroracing85 View Post
    I am thinking about getting a mini mill. I plan on making some sprockets for myself production wise. I know I could sell them.

Does anybody have this machine? How do you like it?

Pyro, I am thinking of selling mine. I bought it for making parts for a certian job that only had small parts. It was my first machine. I love it, but have not been able to use it much.

It is a 2006.

I got the 16MB, cover, high flow coolant pump, rigid tapping, and programmable coolant.

I love the high flow pump and the Pcool options. The high flow allows me to run two manual nozzles and the pcool which moves to the right hieght for each tool or tap. I can let it run knowing that the coolant will never be off the tool...

--Cory