585,667 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bob-art and other upgrades.

Bob-art and other upgrades.

Hi,
    I am going to order Bob-art this week sometime but when I talked to Dave at BobCad today he said there is other good things coming too. These next two plugins should really help me with plasma cutting. Seems llike they are working with auto nesting program and also one for auto lead in-lead out. These will really make this software handy for me. Right now plasmacam software has this built into their software and I was beginning to think I might of made a mistake of picking the stuff I got. When they get that up and running I am going to be very happy about what I did decide on. I know you can do some of this stuff manually but it sure will be slick for the software to do it for you. :wee:

Scott

I'm curious about BobART - let us know how it works!

Jen
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I sure will Jennifer.

I think it should simplfy things for me. I need things simple as possible.

BobART

It's a really simple program to use. Basically, you load the jpeg, bitmap, gif or png image and the software automatically turns it into a grayscale image. You define the tool and how you want to cut the part and the software created the 3D profiling toolpath. If you like what you created you click a button and it loads the toolpath into the BobCAD screen so that you can generate the g-code program. We have a demo up on our site now as well. I have also put a demo tutorial on the BobART page for downloading or printing out.

Have fun with it!

Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

Will BobART only work with V19 ?

Thamks, Hj

BobART

BobART only works with the Version 19 software. If you have not upgraded yet, we can take care of that at the same time.
    CNC Dude

Has anyone tried BobART yet? Whatcha think?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Jennifer,
    I have it but it seems pretty confusing for 2d plasma work.
    When I bring a picture from Bobart to bobcad I can't make heads or tails out of what I have. I am finally starting to work with the Bobcad for plasma cutting. It seems like they finally have been working with my Table maker some. It had nothing for plasma and I just stumbled on to the fact they had a post processer for my table. I will try bobart some more, when I get some time on the bobcad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1405.JPG  

Tech support from BoBcad Cam

I would like to say with the excellent help from BobCad Cam tech support this product looks like a winner.

I have bobcad/cam and bob art3-d and 2-d its not detailed enough for me import self portraits and then cut it or scan a nickle and cut it it does not look detailed enough is their a program that will cut detail 3-d??? I allready spent $2,500.00 and should have shopped around longer I need help getting my cnc mill 25x25 table to do percision detailed 3-d!!!1

all problems worked out bobcad/cam and bobart was not the problem I needed better computer to handle the 8 million lines of g code . recomend bobcad/cam and ability systems look up my user gallery for results precision detailed engravings in wood or metal. I have been getting about $50 to $150 for them you will love their product. remember buy nice or buy twice! the cheap ones do the job but limited to less detail.