586,024 active members*
4,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help on Monitor Hang

My CNC MAZAK QT-6T startup normally from the windows software. It runs until the page, where it appears "MAZATROL 640 PC-Fusion-CNC" and it hangs. The monitor hangs at this page. Could someone expert on this machine advice me on the possible causes....?? Please help???

I think there is many possibilities,
    1. Software problem/corrupt.
    Try to reload main A & main B software, PLC ladder, etc.
    2. Harddisk problem
    Try to change harddisk and reload software.
    3. NC hardware problem.

Why you don't call Mazak Singapore to solve this problem? QT6 is Singapore made. I think Mazak Singapore know very well about this machine.

Unhappy Need Help On Monitor Hang

The machine is in china and hence mazak singapore would not help.

Any other ways to help solve?

You can try Mitsubishi China at +86-21-6120-0808 or Mitsubishi Singapore at +65-6473-2308.
    Some things to check:
    The back of the NC control behind the screen should have a "9" and a flashing dot.
    I agree with arie2003. You may have a s/w problem. You should be able to reload the Main B software from the hard drive. If you are unsure of how to do this you should contact either Mazak or Mitsubishi. If Main A is the problem then you will need Mazak or Mitsubishi to reinstall because it takes a special cassette.

Change of NC Battery for Mazak System

Can anyone teach my on how to change the battery for the MAZAK QT-6T system? The battery is weak and needs to be change. How to change it, while ensuring the data for the NC system is not lost. Thank you

Unhappy Watch Dog Alarm MAZAK QT-6T

Please help me. My Mazak QT-6T watch dog alarm (WDER LED) light up. Please teach me how to solve this problem. My machine is down. Anyone with knowledge in this, can help pls. Please.....

Did the battery die. If so then the parameters have probably become corrupt. It sounds like you have a Fusion 640 control. If so then change the rotary switch on the back to a 7 and power on. Power off after 10 or 15 seconds at the main breaker. Change the rotary switch back to 0 and power back on. If you get a Mazatrol screen then you will need to reload parameters. Hopefully there is a backup on the hard drive. If not you will need to contact Mazak or maybe someone here has a backup for you.

I have changed the battery. Then i reload the system, the attached screen appear, with the "161/162" error. (Please see attachment for more details). I have not follow your instructions. This is the current situation that i have reached after changing the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00226.jpg  

It looks like the BIOS may have been messed up or the PC card might be bad. The battery does not back up the BIOS so it sounds strange that it would be messed up. There is a keyboard port on the back of the operation panel. If you plug in a PS2 style keyboard you can press F10 during boot up and get into the BIOS. If you have another machine you can compare the settings. If you cannot do this you may need to order a PC010 from Mitsubishi. It will come with the BIOS pre-installed so you shouldn't have to change the settings on a new card.

Sorry, i cannot locate the PS2 Keyboard port. After Opening the Control Housing, There is a few LED lights on. Attached is 1 picture showing a "-9" digital light. Please assist to show me where the PS2 port is. Another picture is showing the FDD +++. Please help to assist. Thanks very much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00247.jpg   DSC00255.jpg  

The unit you have pictured with the -9 is the control. Below that is the keyboard. You will see the hard drive is mounted to the back of the keyboard. Bellow the harddrive you should be able to see the PS2 connection. It is facing sideways.

By looking at your latest post it looks like the control is powering up now though? If so the BIOS should be fine. Is the control still hanging up at the yellow Mazatrol screen? If so it sounds like you either need to reload your Main B software or reinitialize the control. Since you replaced the battery and it was dead I would lean towards reinitializing the control. Once you do you will need to relaod parameters to get the machine to come back up ready.

You can reinitialize by changing the rotary switch on the control next to the -9 to a 7 with power off. Power on for ten seconds then power off to the breaker. Change the rotary switch to a 0 and power on again.

Unhappy Mazatrol Screen Hang

Tks for your help. I have managed to locate the keyboard and go into the setup system to re-set the clock. The system managed to load up the win95 software, but hangs at the yellow mazatrol screen. I aborted the software operation and is able to go into the harddisk to see whatever software i have inside the harddisk. I would like to know where to get the Main B software?? How do i load the software? Please help tks.....

Unhappy "-9" LED Lights = meanings???

Hi... I would like to know if the"-9" LED has any meanings? The local staff say that the NC hardware has failed and i would like expert opinions on it. My system is a QT-6T Mazak CNC lathe machine. Tks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00257.jpg   DSC00247.jpg  

9 is a normal display when the NC is running properly. The WD led should not be on.

Unhappy WD LED Lighted On

Hi.... Need Urgent help to solve this problem. My batter has died and have since replaced the battery. I have reloaded the Mazatrol software(backup copy in my harddisk), but the system run until the Yellow Mazatrol screen appeared and hang from there. The WD LED has lighted up all the while, with a 9 no and a small LED Blinking light on the right? Please advise what to inspect from here and the possible causes for the fault..... TKS Very much

Angry WD LED Lighted On

Hi there.... I have followed the instructions to reload the mazatrol software(saved in the harddisk) and restart the system. However, the screen still hangs at the yellow mazatrol screen. During this time, the WD led beside the 9 lighted up. However, there is a small LED dot right hand beside the 9 is blinking at the same time. Please advise what to check from here. Tks

hola amigos por favor necesito una imagen de la bios para configurar mazatrol 640