585,937 active members*
3,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BPC-MC control - Torqcut TC-1G

Hello,

I am looking for info on an `01 Torqcut TC-1G w/ a BPC-MC control. Hoping someone can answer a few questions. What quirks do these machines have? Is this control anything like the DX-32? What about look ahead, can they maintain higher feedrates without choking on the data (as in 3D programs)? How rigid are they, can they take fairly heavy cuts or would I need to program light cuts (~.05")? Anything else to look for?

Thanks

So no one has any information on these machines or controls?

G means geared head. It can take very heavy cuts, but is a linear guideway machine.
    Drives are Yaskawa AC type thus no brushes. Very easy PC based control supported by EMI-Inc.net.
    Not very good at 3D work. But will DNC quite well from internal Disk On Chip or Flash card.By now may have a Disk on a Module or a optional hard drive.
    Very reliable machine but not top of the line and has a few years on it.
    There is another gentleman that is having tangental motion issues on this forum that you may try asking about the same machine but bigger.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

TC-1G

Any idea what one of these machines are worth and what they sold for new? I'm looking at a 2001 in what appears to be excellent condition. What options were available?

Well, The one I was looking at was an `01 also. It was listed on E-Bay by a seller in NJ. He was asking $6000 starting bid, it sold for $6400, no reserve. It came with 15 or so toolholders, all manuals, etc. It was in excellent condition. Looked to be used for prototype use only. Hopefully this will give you some idea. Machinery in general is going cheap right now.

TC-1G

Well, I'm the dummy that bought it. Primarily because it looked to be in great condition, the Bridgeport name on it, and the fact that it was 1/2 the price of every other one I looked at. I probably have something useless, but we'll see. I should have done some research prior to purchasing, but now am looking for any information I can find. Please let me know about issues or what actually works well.

Engine Tech,

It sure looked like it was in excellent condition. Although getting information from the seller on specifics wasn't the easiest. Have you hooked it up? Is there something wrong with it?

I did some research on the net but info was hard to come by. I did find an article that had good things to say about it, http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/vm...ging-shop.aspx

Let us know what you find.

TC-1G

Thanks. I've been unable to find much information, as well. I did come across that article. Not sure about the dimensions quoted, though. Those seem to be rather loose tolerances. I hope it can hold tighter than 0.005". I have not received the machine yet. Hope to have it next week. If you find any other info, please forward.

Using good machining practice the machine should cut way better than .001 inches. Or else they would not have sold any.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Engine Tech,

If that thing fires, up you got a hell of a deal. I thought about buying just as a back-up/parts machine for mine.

I have the Operator's and Programmer's Manual for the DX32 control in .pdf format as well as the wiring schematic if you need it. I'm looking for the Maintenence manual for the Torq Cut.

I just stepped up from a knee mill to a Torq Cut 30 and I don't know how I ever lived without it. You'll definitley pay for it in no time. Be prepared to shell out some dough for tool holders. I'm on J&L Industrial's email list and get 35% off coupons occasionally and just stocked up on endmill holders and ER collet holders from Kenemetal/Hertel and got them for like $60 to $70 each.

I have a maintenance manual in PDF just let me know where to send it.

[QUOTE=jmullett;645458]Engine Tech,
    I have the Operator's and Programmer's Manual for the DX32 control in .pdf format as well as the wiring schematic if you need it. I'm looking for the Maintenence manual for the Torq Cut.

TC-1G

Well, I got the TC-1G today, hooked up temporary wiring and tried to fire it up. I likely bought a piece of crap! HELP! Anyone know what it means if it gives an error of x-axis runaway. Generally, I would think it at least means the encoder is dead?

Boot control. Go to F5 maintenance page. on the right side it shows position of each axis.
    Move X axis by hand without turning drives ON. It should count. Move Y axis and see if it counts.
    Remember that the axis motors are Yaskawa AC motors. No brushes.
    If both don't count then you may have a 5VDC issue to the encoders. Check the breakers attached to the BMDC board in the CIB (control in a box).
    If Y counts and X does not, swap motors. If problem follows the motor, it may be a encoder, if there is no change, it may be a cable.

George

Thanks. Not sure what happened on my first attempt at startup yesterday, but went to the maintenance page and was able to move all axes without issue. It appears all is well, although I still haven't turned on the spindle.