585,938 active members*
3,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6t Metric to Inch ?

Does anyone know the parameter to change to get the machine numbers to display in inches and not metric.

The offsets, uw page, and xy page are all in inches, but the machine page is in metric.

Thanks in advance

It's the parameter labeled MCN. It is parameter 3104 bit #0 on my control might be different on yours, but you can look for the parameter with MCN above it.

Sorry, the system 6T doesn't have such a parameter.

so there is no way to make the machine numbers in inches?

Sorry for the late info

I have a Herbert HC2 / 10 lathe using Fanuc 6T control

My XY and UW pages are in metric ..... not sure about the machine page, how would I find out ??

We may be able to compare parameter info ? would that help ??

6T Machine display

Sorry - a 6T always displays its native system in the machine window. If it is metric, it means that you have metric feedback. It's locked in the hardware.
    By the time the 10's and 11's came out, this had been changed.
    You have probably noticed to that the machine register doesn't start counting until that axis is homed properly. After that time, it can never be altered by anything the operator does - it always displays the distance from home.

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com

Re: 6T Machine display

Quote Originally Posted by WGoyer View Post
    Sorry - a 6T always displays its native system in the machine window. If it is metric, it means that you have metric feedback. It's locked in the hardware.
    By the time the 10's and 11's came out, this had been changed.
    You have probably noticed to that the machine register doesn't start counting until that axis is homed properly. After that time, it can never be altered by anything the operator does - it always displays the distance from home.

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com
    This is incorrect at least as it relates to the 6t B. I run an Ikegai lathe with a Fanuc 6TB. It is simple to switch it to inch or to metric. The switch is on the set page. At the control panel push the set button. The screen will display TV and other parms. The one you want to change is called "input units". 0=metric 1=inch. To change it you need you need to turn the key that locks memory (unlock so you can change memory). Now you need to go to the motherboard. Mine is located on the left end of the machine inside the top door. At the bottom left is a switch labeled enable and disable. You switch to enable. Back out at the control panel you will see an alarm. 100. Ignore it and go to the set page. Cursor down to input units. Key in r 1. Then press input. You will see the number change to 1 indicating that the machine now reads in inches. Go back to the motherboard and switch back to disable. Back out front hit the reset key. Turn off the machine and turn it on again and it will now read in inches.