585,898 active members*
5,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Not really sure this is where this belongs...

Not really sure this is where this belongs...

The company I work for cleaned house, and had an internal auction for the stuff they needed to get rid of. In one of the tubs I won labeled 'misc' was a Bijur automatic oiler. I figured winning it for $1 was worth it.

But I have no idea how it should be wired. I mean, just plug her into the outlet? I took some rather fuzzy pictures of it. There isn't much readable info on it. There is a small aluminum plate that has what I assume is either a model # or serial number. It is D3115 CH. I can't find any info on their website, so I hope someone here can help me out.

The motor itself has be exposed to normal shop conditions. There is a partial label on it. But mostly unreadable. Not to mention the electrical tape covers half of it. Knowing how our maint. department works, I'm guessing the electrical tape isn't from the factory :argue:

So any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Even without power, it can still be used manually by pumping the 'bell' shaped shaft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0006.jpg   IMG_0011.jpg   IMG_0005.jpg   IMG_0013.jpg  

The oiler works on a clock mechanism to lift the manual plunger every so many cycles to give a one shot lube in timed intervals, you can either use it on permanently or on when milling etc. Usually just hooked in to 110v
    BTW you do not pump the shaft but just pull it up and let it go down by itself.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man
    BTW you do not pump the shaft but just pull it up and let it go down by itself.
    Al
    You're right. I guess I'll have to find a plug to hook up to it. It would be ok with me if this thing works right. I can't find the exact model, but similar go for over $100.

Actually if you hook it up to a multi point lube system, you are supposed to terminate the lube points with Bijur metering devices, these resemble small brass pipe terminators, some people make the mistake when overhauling a machine thinking they are blocked etc and either drill them out or replace them with open conections, therefore destroying the metering which means usually means the oil just goes to the point with the least resistance. These pumps are capable of going up to quite a few pounds with one stroke.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Mine was wired for 220v but could be wired for 110. I think there is also a float switch.