512,451 active members
4,196 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Summer 09 issue

We were lucky with the summer issue of Digital Machinist; it made it through the press just before a major breakdown. The magazine should be hitting mailboxes throughout the US right now.

George

Registered
    Wow, I had no idea that the USPS was so efficient. I'm in the upper mid-west USA (Minnesota) and I got it the next day 7/22. I see it's printed in Michigan, I'm guessing that's where it's mailed from as well. Still, overnight is pretty good.

I just wanted to say that I look forward to each issue of your magazine. Not all articles capture my attention, but the ones that do are very interesting. No complaints. I like the ones that give me ideas on either projects or how to do something.

I even like the ads, I can't say that about television.

Keep up the good work,

Bill K.

Hello Bill,

I’m glad that you are enjoying the magazine. We try to keep the mix of articles broad enough to ensure there is something of interest for everyone in each issue. Easier said than done sometimes.

The post office does do a good job with the shipping but they didn’t get it to you overnight. I waited to post this thread until I received my copy in the mail at home. After leaving our building, the magazines travel to postal distribution centers and the process is usually pretty smooth. There have been delays in the past though and I hesitate to tell people the magazine is on its way until I see that my copy has made it across town.

You are correct in guessing that the magazine is printed and shipped from Michigan. Specifically, we are located in Traverse City, which is in the northwestern corner of the Lower Peninsula.

Thanks for your support,

George