585,683 active members*
5,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Laser, Press Brake, Folder Advice Please

Laser, Press Brake, Folder Advice Please

Hello guys!
    Can you share your knowledge? We want to buy a Laser, a Press Brake or a Folder, please tell us what should we look for on those machines and what should we be aware of.

Amada is our first option, then Bystronic, Hankwang for the laser.

On the Folder side we are considering a machine from RAS, we have previous experience with Press Brakes but not with folders:

http://www.ras-online.de/RAS/en/prod...schreibung.php

Can you give us some advice.
    Thank you.
    Josue.
    Pura Vida!

Josue, for any of those machine I would have a salesmen come and talk to you about each different machine. Have them run your product not their samples. Support is going to be key for you so make sure you know how long before a qualified tech could be on site if you have problems. I would also take a look at Trumpf’s equipement.

As a side note if you need any help programming keep me in mind.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Independent CNC, thank you for your post.
    I'll have your advice in mind before going for any of our options.

I appreciate it.
    Josue.
    Pura Vida!

Joshue

I am a US Rep for both Hankwang Laser Line and Ermaksan Press Brakes. I have sent you a Private Message about this!

Thanks!

WHC-Matt

I have a Hankwang FS3015 and a Cincinnati CL-6, both about six years old. In my experience the Hankwang is a very poor machine coupled with very limited service. I have had so many issues with it that Robert Won recently offered to sell me a replacement as the one I have has so many ongoing issues. I chose to purchase another Cincinnati machine. Get this, Robert is now refusing to service the Hankwang because I did not buy another on of his machine. Hankwang has much to learn about customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    Hello guys!
    Can you share your knowledge? We want to buy a Laser, a Press Brake or a Folder, please tell us what should we look for on those machines and what should we be aware of.

Amada is our first option, then Bystronic, Hankwang for the laser.

On the Folder side we are considering a machine from RAS, we have previous experience with Press Brakes but not with folders:

http://www.ras-online.de/RAS/en/prod...schreibung.php

Can you give us some advice.
    Thank you.

WHC-Matt,
    I apologize for not replying back then, I never saw your post.
    It's been three years now, but I felt I should say I'm sorry.
    Good day.
    Josue.
    Josue.
    Pura Vida!

Hi troden!
    Thank you for your input and I hope the issues with your machines get solved soon.

It's been a while since I posted my request, and let me briefly share with you what happend next:

We bought one Amada LC3015F1NT Laser and a couple of Amada HDS series press brakes and one AC2510NT turret: our choice was the right one, they are excellent machines and the Service is great. We bought for each machine the yearly AMP contracts for maintenance and service and it is a great relierf because all service engineer's hours are "free", almost all FANUC parts are free, we have 10% and 20% discounts on Amada parts and tools.

We now have 4 HDS press brakes, 1 AC turret, 3 AE turrets, 2 Togu III punch and die grinders, and the very first three HFE M2 press brakes in Latin America.

Now that they know we are "painting" our factory Red and Black, they are forgetting to take us out on trips but, I think it's their new representative company DISMA, which choose their customers over us, well, the machines and service are great. So far.

On the tooling side, mmhh huh, I prefer Wilson Tool, by far.
    I mean, Amada tools are good tools but they take too long to quote and to ship; they, most of the times ship parcials without letting you know in advance that things come incomplete.
    Wilson Tool on the other hand, quotes very quickly, ship when they promised they would. The sales desk always has the answers and they are very friendly.

Hey, this was supposed to be brief but, I wanted to share my experience with Amada and Wilson for you and others seeking counsil as I did three years ago.

You have a nice day troden!
    Josue.

Quote Originally Posted by troden View Post
    I have a Hankwang FS3015 and a Cincinnati CL-6, both about six years old. In my experience the Hankwang is a very poor machine coupled with very limited service. I have had so many issues with it that Robert Won recently offered to sell me a replacement as the one I have has so many ongoing issues. I chose to purchase another Cincinnati machine. Get this, Robert is now refusing to service the Hankwang because I did not buy another on of his machine. Hankwang has much to learn about customer service.
    Josue.
    Pura Vida!

Re: Laser, Press Brake, Folder Advice Please

I have worked with different teams such as mitsuishi, durma or trumpf I recommend the latter are better and more careful although the consumables last much less than with durma