Preface: I have 0 CNC experience, but lots of computer and programming experience.

I am looking at possibly buying a CNC Shark Pro to add new capabilities, and increase productivity in a home shop. (24x24 capacity) I am leaning towards this system for three reasons, one the price, though a little higher than I want to go about $3500 is max for what I can spend. The second reason is the size of the machine, I have very limited space in my shop. I of course would like a large cutting surface but I don't have the shop space right now. Lastly I don't have the time to build one myself (Need something I could get setup in a weekend tops). I also have the colt already and it comes with the software.

I am looking to do some 3d carvings, MDF routed raised panel door/drawer fronts, precision templates, signs and I am sure lots more as I discover them.

Any Pros or cons about this system would be appriciated. Any other systems that would meet these criteria would be appricated.

I am also interested in knowing about its expandability / future uses. Eventually I will hopefully get more shop space and have more time that I could possibly build one of Joes 4x4 or something similar. Would I be able to same much money reusing some of the parts from the CNC shark, like the stepper motors, controller, power supply etc. I know for sure I could use the same software, and I could use the shark to make many of the parts for the 4x4.

A couple questions reguarding use. If I wanted to route a simple design that was longer than 24" (the capacity of this machine) but narrower than 24" so it fit between the gantry, lets say 44" is it easy enough to do 1/2 of the design and then slide it to do the other 1/2" is there a way to register it so it is smooth without a seam? What about something >48" requiring 3 or more shifts?

And one last question. Does anyone know the total amp draw from the CNC Shark (not including the Colt , 5.7amps and the computer)?

Thanks

David