585,670 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MAXNC 15-CL

MAXNC 15-CL

hi again- i am trying to set-up this maxnc 15-cl using mach3, i have the software you guys gave me to make it match up. i didn't think i was numb, but now i'm wondering. i have gone threw the mach3 manual, watched the videos. is there anywhere to get a version of " plug this cord in here, click this button here, ect.........." i just don't want to crash everything and get hurt. NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK!!! thanks, cary

here is a xml file for the 15 cl might wanted to take a look at the maxnc yahoo group
    Attached Files Attached Files

MaxNC 15CL stuff..

Cary J,
    I was just clicking around and found your request for a 15 CL XML file & fixiits' reply....so...how's it going with all that?...are you running yet?...reason I'm curious is I've got a 15 w/brand new motors & controller drive that I CANNOT get operating correctly...lots & lots of calls to MAX, even had them check out this new drive (they said it was fine)...but no joy as yet for me...
    gpdc

Quote Originally Posted by GPDC View Post
    Cary J,
    I was just clicking around and found your request for a 15 CL XML file & fixiits' reply....so...how's it going with all that?...are you running yet?...reason I'm curious is I've got a 15 w/brand new motors & controller drive that I CANNOT get operating correctly...lots & lots of calls to MAX, even had them check out this new drive (they said it was fine)...but no joy as yet for me...
    gpdc
    There are many factors involved did you get a 25 pin cable with your machine? are you using the maxIII software? is the computer a dedicated computer with a clean windows XP operating system?

CL 15 con'td...

There are many factors involved did you get a 25 pin cable with your machine? are you using the maxIII software? is the computer a dedicated computer with a clean windows XP operating system?

Fixittt,
    Many thx for the quick reply!

I am using a 25 pin printer cable...don't know where it came from, just that it is a DB25 m to DB25 f & it connects to the available ports correctly, although I didn't like the way it only partially went into its' MAX enclosure connector. I am using (or trying to) the MAXIII software.
    The CPU is a dedicated DELL 2.9/512 & lots of HD space...I've gutted it of all the "junk" programs (using "uninstall"), which included Norton & some networking stuff & other "misc." stuff, but does an "uninstall" REALLY give me what I need when you ask me if I have a nice "clean" XP install/operating system?...I'm down to 15 "tasks" showing in the Task Manager...down from about 47 when this journey began...I don't think I know how to absoluetly provide for that, and I know that this computer was networked and had other programs run on it before I got my hands on it (which is WHY I've got it...it NEVER ran "right").... I've done most of the optimizations as described @ the ARTSoft site (many,many thanks Art!), AND the available file in the "Files" section of the MAXNC Yahoo group...which is a little different from Arts' suggestions, except for the registry tinkering, which I'm going to do this am, methinks.
    Last night I was back to getting the occasional and all-too-famous circuit
    breaker pop.
    I'm leaning toward a software/OS interface problem 'cause MAX is telling me that their BRAND NEW stuff is checking "OK"...and I've got a 3 axis machine I built sitting right next to this one that runs Mach3 & runs it like a champ, after I got al the configures nailed down, that is.
    Again, many thanks in advance for your thoughts on this problem!
    gpdc

MAX 15 CL cont'd.....more

of the (4) XML profiles that are (now) available to me, Damian (@ Max) told me to run the 10K, not the 8K or the path42...and now I've got the Max15CL-Final XML (from the Yahoo group) to play with & I can tell you NONE of these are gold....BUT..I can't rule out the possible OS conflict(s).
    My be-all, end all test is to perform a "Ref All Home" to set the (3)machine "0"'s, load a program, rapid to a point and then pick up my part,set work "0's", click start & cut...and among those (4) profiles, I can get a bit, but not all of those operating criteria....before the circuit breaker starts randomly popping during the "Ref All Home" function.

very first thing to check is that your cable is a straight thru cable and not a cross cable. Meaning that pin one on the male side needs to go to pin one on the female side and so on. A data X fer cable will have some pics cross in the cable.

CL 15....problems...cont'd again....

Fixittt,
    My cable turned out to be ok & thru EXTENSIVE trial/effort/bs, I've actually got the thing running!....the "Final" XML file @ the MAXNC Yahoo group is junk as you get it, but can be made to work, the optimizations (both @ ArtSoft & the MAXNC group are all a good thing & I can't tell you what single thing I changed was the be-all, end-all item to sucess, but it now works, until I find out just what (if anything) it fails to do correctly....this has been a long journey for me...hardware/software(s)/cabeling,etc. all came into play.....FORGET about "plug 'n play" on this thing, right now I'm thinking the main problems were the XP os/MaxIII interface right along.....anybody reading this that needs an idea or two to get going...3156954267.....
    the moderator over @ the yahoo group must be direct to Max methinks....gpdc

Did you get it working? I think I'm having an OS/Mach problem thats similar.