584,802 active members*
4,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy Mazatrol PC Fusion 640 Hang

Need Urgent help on it. My battery in my QT-6T machine died. I have since changed the battery and managed to load the win95 software. However, when i try to power on the green button, the "PS EMG" Led light up. Could anyone help me on this? Attached is the NC-Backup files that i have in the system. Could it be my parameters are lost? Please assist.... Anyone... Tks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00260.jpg   DSC00223.jpg   DSC00257.jpg  

PSEMG (red) LED on the HR082 card lights

Dear Ladies and gentlemen,

If the LED PSEMG on the HR082 card lights, this may have

following causes:The Emergency Stop Switch connected to the EMG connector
    is ON (A contact), or the EMG connector is disconneted.
    Remedy: Set the Emergency Stop Switch to the release (B contact) state. Check the connection to the EMG connector. (Maybe broken or loose).

Best Regards.

Gerd

worse for me!!

i powered up our nexus 250msy today,and all i get is a teal screen with the mouse pointer on it. the same 'ps' alarm light on it too.it loads the windows 2000 stuff then it just does not boot into the 640 software.the battery is fine on volts too.is there any sort of 'recovery' proceedure with the embedded software,or will i be looking to get the 640t system reloaded?
    my main problem is that i have a customer coming from france tomorrow to see a demo!!
    i cannot see any place to add a keyboard either and the panel where they would normally be is blanked off.going to be a looooooong day

ROB

ok,cleared ps alarm(estop circuit)....but still unable to get any response from keyboard(found the ps2!).i would like to think there would be a recovery mode to allow loading of base parameters back in from the floppy disk in the cabinet???(as found on the seimens controls etc)
    just 1 thought;if the bios is showing the hard drive in there,does it mean it is active...and surely the HDD light would work on the front when the drive is accessing the data?
    i am suspecting a hard-drive fail!

ROB

It sounds like the hard drive is mechanically ok. Some files on it may have become corrupt but if windows is loading then the hard drive should be fine. Can you move the mouse around to navigate?
    Also look at the seven segment led on the back of the control. In a normal condition it should read a 9.
    There is a way to clear the SRAM on the control but unless you know that this is the problem or that you know you have a current backup of the control this can cause more headaches then solve.

still trying....

....i managed to get a usb caddy for the hdd from the machine and i checked it on my laptop.i copied everything from that disk to a folder for safe keeping.i had real trouble copying the WINNT folder,well some of it.so i guess corruption of the system files?
    anyway,i managed to make the 4floppy disk win2000 boot/install disks and the 7 640t disks from the ncbackup folder.there are also some drivers etc too.then i put the disk back in the mazak and booted from the win2000 disk.i did a repair install of the operating system and rebooted.
    the machine seemed to load much quicker,so maybe it was 'hanging' on a corrupt file i guess.
    the problem is now that,i cant load the 640t software from the backup,untill windows has loaded...ie,explorer.i just dont have the windows loaded fully(still mouse pointer on a blank teal screen),perhaps i should of done a complete fresh install.
    its a bit of a wind-up that the software i need to load is sitting in front of the machine on disk,but i cant get it in there!
    now,i wonder if its possible that there is a way to 'invoke' a menu or something that will give me the option to reinstall from the ncbackup or at least some 'dos' bootable disks that recover the nc?why cant they keep all the nc/parameters on a bootable pcmia card in the machine.perhaps i could make a batch file to automate the recovery.....once the mc is finally up and running!
    i saw in another post that it is possible to get some downloads from the mitsubishi site....any idea what or where i am looking for?
    any help is apreciated!

ROB

note;
    at the back of the control i have the number 9. displayed and all lights appear to be good.
    note2;
    i have been informed that the nc side of the control has become corrupt,hence the 'non' switch from windows to mazatrol command.he mentioned about a proceedure to re-initialise the nc from backup,but of course he would not say.time is not on my side at this time and this guy can get down next week.still no good for the demo!
    does anyone know of this proceedure on here atall,or a link i can download for this?
    note3;
    ok,i have turned the dial to 7...loaded the mc and i have -Y sign on the pc readout.as far as i am aware,that is the SRAM clear?returned the dial to zero and rebooted again....same problem.
    i actually think that it is the windows side is not working,my reason being,that there are no icons and no taskbar onscreen.perhaps,i need to get a win2000.unfortunately there is not a port for a cdrom on the nc atall.

The Fusion system consists of two parts. One is the CNC which has it's own CPU and the other is the PC side which has it's own CPU. The key in this case is to figure out which side is having the problem and deal with that side. In many cases this is not so easy because of how the two systems are integrated. For instance you can get a non system disk error and it may be the NC side.
    The fact that you say the control comes up with a 9 usually means the NC side is ok, but there still may be a problem here. The fact that windows doesn't boot up completely makes me want to say there is a problem on the Hard Drive (PC side). You can try to hook a keyboard into the PS2 connection on the back of the operation panel. I believe if you hit the F10 key on boot up you can get into the BIOS settings but it is not recommended to change these settings. Maybe if you can boot up in safe mode you can get the machine going? I am not a windows expert so I'm not sure which direction to give you here.
    If you are desperate to try something then you can clear the NC memory by changing the rotary switch on the control board to a 7 and power up. It only takes a few seconds and your SRAM will be cleared. This includes all of your parameters, tool offsets, R registers, work offsets, maintenance data, etc. Programs are stored on the hard drive so they will not be lost. Be careful with this though because if this is not your problem it may take you longer to get the machine back up when you find the real problem.

note: the NC Backup folder is not a backup for the control data. It is a backup of the Main B software. Main B is the software that runs on the windows side and creates the screens as well as communicates to the NC side.
    Make sure to backup the Mainte folder. The file srambkf.dat is especially important and can save you a ton of time, if it is a good file.

many thanks....

....for your reply.
    i have done the setting to '7' thing but it made no difference.
    what i am going to do next is....wait for an engineer 'who knows more' tomorrow!
    i hate to concede,so i am getting a second drive and i will install win2000 with the drive connected to my laptop.then i will see if it loads in the machine.if it does boot to the 'windows' side with icons and everything,i will then copy all the files from the original backup and i have the extra parameter disk with all the settings etc.if all goes well,i could get it to work......maybe!
    from what i gather,i should get a normal windows screen when the computer boots as the 640t loads from the startup menu on boot within windows.
    as i dont have the normal windows loaded,i think the problem is there initially.
    and at the very least if windows loads,i can install the nc from the 8-disk backup set.

ROB

Rob,

Did your machine have Windows 2000 before? Is this a Fusion Pro control? Most Fusions run Windows 95. Mitsubishi sells a kit that can run Windows 2000 but there are several parts that need to be changed to support this operating system including the PC CPU and PC cards and in some cases the main CNC card must be replaced too. Again I am not a Windows expert but I do not think Windows 2000 will run on a system that was running windows 95.

If you were running Windows 2000 then disregard the above.

Are you getting the Hard drive from a computer place or from Mazak? Here in the states, when you order a hard drive it comes preloaded with almost everything you need. Very close to plug and play with only a few files that need to be transferred. I'm not sure how it works over in the UK though.

the hard drive.....

....is not from mazak.i intended to use a 2.5" drive i had laying around.
    the machine exactly is a 250MSY (nexus),mazatrol 640T.
    it was working before it came to my place....but its been off for a while now.i think the cold and damp has caused the problem,but i cant be 100% sure.
    i think,initially i am driven by cost.....and i would like to see this through!

i have been looking for win2000 pro en oem to install.....but i only have normal win2000 pro.....could this make a difference?

ROB

I don't think this will work. You can always try it and see what happens, but I believe that system will only run on Windows 95.

I believe the hard drive from Mazak is pricey, but as all things in life you get what you pay for.

Let us know how it works out.

latest update....

.....well,last minute madness,and i got it to work!
    what i did was; install a full version of windows 2000 pro,then i copied as much as possible from the corrupt disk.making a note of files that failed to load.turned out to be 3 that were windows related.anyway,i then copied the original drives files/folder over the new hdisk files and loaded it up in the 250msy.booted up into the fusion 640t screen 1st time!
    i reloaded the nc backup and installed the parameters from disk and now i get every thing on screen as should do.
    what i now need to do is clear a chucking error.i think i have to input chucking type etc.i reckon i could now get a competent mazak guy in to finish of the niggling bits.
    we had 1 guy come in and even he was at a loss,as to what could be done.....he thought the nc was broken.all the mazak recovery proceedures relied on windows loading in the first place....unfortunately for him,it would not get that far!
    it was good for me,as the customers arrived not 1 hour after booting the machine.although i could not show the thing running around,they will probrably take it.they were happy to see that the old hdisk was sitting on top of the machine and my clone was working in the machine.as least we looked like we knew what we were doing!!!
    i hope this info will help other mazak users.....my cost for this repair/clone has been £15!.....cant argue with that!
    ROB

Mazatrol PC Fusion 640 Hang

Hi,

For this type of HDD problems, best would be to take a Norton Ghost backup of the working HDD, using a USB-IDE Converter (or HDD casing as referred by some computer shops).

Norton Ghost 8.3 is freely available or you can buy Ghost 10 & above. We had tried it successfully on Mazatrol PC Fusion, Matrix, Meldas M625, M720 & M730.
    If you have a Ghost backup of different machine but same control(PCFusion), you can recover if you have atleast
    1) /NCBackup folder ( to load MainB s/w),
    2) /M6Y_YMW/MPLC or TPLC (For the Machine & Coolant Menu) and
    3) PLCMAcro backup(for ATC in some machine models).

Ghost image size will depend on the contents on HDD, but typically for Fusion it will start from 600MB & for Matrix 1.3GB. The Ghost s/w will prompt for the partition size if the new HDD is of higher capacity.

Another observation you can make to confirm HDD problem, is observe the status of Green LED on HR123/124, just below the Epson/Geode PCcard, after the 7-seg display on HR113/116 reach 1-2-3....6.
    At 6 it starts reading the HDD.

Regards,

Girish

still problems....

....on getting the machine to be in the 'ready' state.
    when the hard drive is booting/reading the green led inside the panel is working.although the hdd light on the front panel is not working.
    the mc stays in emergency stop with the error '218-chucking type not selected'.....when i select chuck internal/external,the pink box just flashes but does not stay on(2nd spindle). on the first spindle i have no pink box but the mc shows it as being 'external chucking'
    i am unable to select anything like jog mode or rapid etc,all it does is ask for zero return.i guess untill i clear the 218 error it will not be in a ready state?
    i have reloaded the parameters from the floppy,and also there was a file in windows explorer that i was told to load 'mainte.exe' in the mainte folder.it gave me the option to load backup stuff to sram.it shows as being loaded correctly and then i reboot the mc.
    it still loads as if it will be doing its thing etc,but i get the same error 218 whichever parameters i load(floppy\hdd\backup)
    of course the sram could be faulty,but i am sure i would of gotten some kind of warning for that?
    i will keep trying of course,but i have no maintenace manuals,or any parameter descriptions to work from.....its a toughie,but i just know its something stupid!

ROB

Mazatrol PC Fusion 640 Hang

Hi,

I believe it is L or R parameter problem. Normally in the backup from menu (Par, Tooldata, Toollife,etc) the L0-L255 and R1900-R2799 are not backed up. If you make SRAM clear(by Rotary Sw = 7), these values become zero, but cannot be regained with above backup.
    Only reloading the SRAM back up (from mainte.exe) will recover them, if it was backed up when machine was ok. One should also be careful when re-loading the SRAM backup because if this backup was of a different NC version as compared to present, sometimes the data go in wrong location & create problem, as sometimes the Memory Map changes from Version to Version.

If the details of L & R para related to chucking type are not available, the ideal solution would be to note the values of L0-L255 and R1900-R2799, from a working machine, then compare with this machine. Change one which is different here, then check the alarm & restore back if no change & try next para whose value is different.
    Please note that, it is is required to write these values from "I/O Monitor Write" menu in the Diagnosis.

The parameters are many in number, but those having a non-zero value will be limited, depending on the PLC. This exercise should not take more than 4-5 hours.

Regards,

Girish

I believe the chucking type not selected is just changing the machine from internal to external chuck and pressing the foot switch three times. This is common on a lot of Mazak lathes, even on older machines.

This alarm is being generated through the plc. You can search up and find the coil for F18 in the ladder. If you cannot get it going then maybe you can trouble shoot it through the PLC monitor page.

success!!......

......finally!
    turns out i was 99% there...just needed to put a hex value of 21 instead of 20 and it all worked.
    i knew it would be something simple.....hoped more like.now the machine is sold and working happy in its new home.
    it is also possible to change the software key to reflect the original.
    i am releived......thanks for alll your replies

ROB

Smile hi

Hi all,
    i am new to the community having very less exp.in CNC trying to learn from gurus .
    hope i will learn lot from all of you......
    Thanks.

-p s datar

Quote Originally Posted by girishdk View Post
    Hi,

I believe it is L or R parameter problem. Normally in the backup from menu (Par, Tooldata, Toollife,etc) the L0-L255 and R1900-R2799 are not backed up. If you make SRAM clear(by Rotary Sw = 7), these values become zero, but cannot be regained with above backup.
    Only reloading the SRAM back up (from mainte.exe) will recover them, if it was backed up when machine was ok. One should also be careful when re-loading the SRAM backup because if this backup was of a different NC version as compared to present, sometimes the data go in wrong location & create problem, as sometimes the Memory Map changes from Version to Version.

If the details of L & R para related to chucking type are not available, the ideal solution would be to note the values of L0-L255 and R1900-R2799, from a working machine, then compare with this machine. Change one which is different here, then check the alarm & restore back if no change & try next para whose value is different.
    Please note that, it is is required to write these values from "I/O Monitor Write" menu in the Diagnosis.

The parameters are many in number, but those having a non-zero value will be limited, depending on the PLC. This exercise should not take more than 4-5 hours.

Regards,

Girish
    hello can you tell me how to do "I/O monitor write"?

Re: Mazatrol PC Fusion 640 Hang

Quote Originally Posted by girishdk View Post
    Hi,

Regards,

Girish
    Hi girish , my hdd is not getting detected even when open up my bios.
    tried to copy all data and successfully backed it up. make one bootable of win 95 but still hdd is not getting detected.
    Can you help me with this problem?

Re: Mazatrol PC Fusion 640 Hang

Need urgent help with my Mazak Fusion 640T controller.
    Whenever i tried to start the machine, it shows non system disk or disk error.

I have tried to copy files to another hdd and boot it with win95, but still no hdd is getting detected.
    What i get is non system disk error.
    dont know what to do!

pls assist!

Thanks
    Tej

Page 1 of 2 12