586,000 active members*
4,922 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GUANGDALY CNC ROUTERS FROM CHINA

HI, I`M EDUARDO, FROM CALI-COLOMBIA
    WE ARE THINKING TO BUY A CNC ROUTER BRAND GUANGDALY FROM CHINA.
    CAN ANYONE PERSON TELL ME SOME REFERENCES ABOUT THIS MACHINE?
    BEST REGARDS

Eduardo,
    We unfortunately bought a Guangdaly router 9 months ago. In my opinion Guangdaly has the WORST after sale customer service I have ever experienced in 30 years of buying over half a millions dollars of woodworking equipment.

> At order they said 2.5 months to deliver - Guangdaly shipped it 3 months late - total of nearly 5 months.

> Guangdaly missed nearly every time deadline they themselves gave us to finish things, give answers, finish the machine. At least 10 times. And each time - no phone call or email to say they were going to be late.

> The machine is still not working properly nine months later.

> Guangdaly has had our C axis for 2+ months - should have been < 1 week repair.

> We gave them a list of problems when the machine was set up, 2+ months later they are not fixed and they have yet to give us a final answer if they will send a technician to fix it or not.

> Part of the machine crashes into the tool rack.

> oiling system does not work - oil drips onto the table in parts, and is dry on another axis. When we called their engineer said, "oh yeah, that happens, just use a paint brush with some oil and wipe it on by hand"

> Guangdaly has been EXTREMELY unresponsive. If we don't keep calling, emailing, calling, calling calling, nothing happens. Not much happens even when we have called.

> after delivery we set up an appointment for Guangdaly to come and set up the machine. We told them this date was very important because we had the French software engineers coming right after they would set up the machine - overlapping one day - so that the software engineers could write the post processor. Guangdaly agreed to the date. But when the date got close they said - "oh, train tickets are all sold out, how about next week" They just forgot to send someone in time to buy the ticket. They then demanded we pay the airfare difference if we wanted them to actually come on the agreed date!

> Guangdaly said they want us to ship the whole machine back to make simple repairs instead of sending their technician back. This is ridiculous it is ~4000km away and totally unnecessary.

We do not plan to ever buy another machine from Guangdaly.

Go with Quick Jinan . Cant go wrong

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER

Hi. scott
    I appreciate your message and I apologize for not having answered earlier.
    When we were looking to buy the machine to Guangdaly we take the time to make all possible questions before going to make a mistake in the specifications or in the operation of the machine. Unfortunately we can not get them answered all questions put to them, besides that the time between our e-mails and responses from them was very long, sometimes even answered what we asked them but something else, so finally decided not to purchase the machine.
    Now, seeing the bad experience you had, I think we've been fortunate to not buy from that supplier.
    I really appreciate your comment and interest in answering our questions.
    Regards
    EDUARDO

UPDATE:
    They did finally come out and repair our machine. The guy who came out had a good attitude and pretty much fixed what he could. The C-axis lathe seems to work ok (we've not really used it yet) but the flat belt wheel gear (aluminum) that they installed on it was chewed up bad when they installed it on the shaft back at the factory. The tech here tried to tell us that it would be ok, but I know enough about flat toothed belts to know that chewed up parts of the wheel would wear out the belt prematurely. They sent us a replacement wheel free of charge (6 weeks later).

The above illustrates a difference between US and European customer service mentality and the typical Chinese mentality. Here, when we finally convinced the technician that the part needed to be replaced he said, Ok, we'll send it out later when you order some the other parts (we wanted to purchase more tool holder forks). This meant that we will need to install this press-fit thing on the shaft ourselves later. A US or Euro company if the technician discovered a substandard part was sent by the factory (e.g. the wheel with the bad teeth) they would have been on the phone instantly and had the part sent out FedEx before they left and their technician would have installed it.

They did not get the oil system working - they sent a part later that the tech broke trying to fix it, but they did not adjust the system to work properly. It still gives too much oil to some parts (dripping on your parts on the table!!) and other parts too dry - zero oil. We have turned it off and now must remember to go around and manually give oil all over the place - inconvenient but it works.

One other thing that really irritated us in the whole process with Guangdaly - when we were having difficulty with the customer service manager and were not happy, we tried repeatedly to contact the owner of the company to try to work out a solution. The owner was all smiles and very friendly when we were buying the machine and the first time we came out to look at the machine in process. He took us to a nice lunch etc. Nice guy. BUT, when we had problems - he was unreachable. We sent mulitple requests by email, fax and text message asking to speak with him and all we got was SILENCE - no response. This is not a giant corporation; this is an owner who is onsite at the factory (perhaps 100 - 200 employees), a man whom we have met, but when there was a problem we could not reach him. We tried calling and text messaging his cell number multiple times - no response except 2 or maybe 3 times in 9 months he actually answered our call. This is unacceptable. When a customer of my company is dissatisfied, I, as the owner, WANT to know about it and I want to talk to the customer. Is it fun talking to a dissatisfied customer? - No, but it is important and part of my responsibility as the owner AND important to making a happy long term customer. Customer satisfaction is very important. Sometimes you still can't make the customer happy, but usually talking to the owner gets things worked and you have a happy customer. If he had taken our calls or responded to an email it would have gone a long way toward us being more satisfied.

I will continue to update this post with our experience with Guangdaly. If we have a problem, I will post here the quality of their response to our repair problems and needs in the future – time, attitude, quality of the repairs, etc. My hope is that this company can grow into a mature company that can properly service its customers.

In general, I would say that most companies in China are an order of magnitude behind the average American company when it comes to customer service. Most American companies know that machine down time costs you money and they build reputations for fast service to get your machine up and working quickly. Most Chinese companies will not perform quickly unless you still owe them money (and in our case that still did not make a difference). So if you are thinking to buy a Chinese made machine - be prepared for poor customer service.

I am nancy We advise your buy Xinguangda CNC machine , the price is not hight , the quality is well . The service is best .
    my email is [email protected] , welcome to your inquiry for CNC machine .

hello , my friend , once i have been bought the cnc machine from xinguangdaye in china , the quality is really good ,i have use it for about 7 years , never happen some problems ,addtionalliy , the price is competitive with good after service. if you need cnc machine , it would be your best choice

[email protected]

Hi rsi & scottatcnczone,
    Why not build your own machine. Especially in US, you can get frame and electronic and support from CNCZONE very easy!!!!!! Open your mind now, and work on it now. cnczone, man!!!

CNC router machine

Beijing xinguangda CNC machine , it is good , fit price .

hola eduardo
    me pongo atus ordenes

si queires un router te recomiendo uno marca excitech o limac
    y te garantizo que si le instalo el Vcarvepro
    trabaja de maravilla sin problemas.
    en mexico nos ha funcionado bien

saludos

[email protected]

I purchased this machine yesterday.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XJ1325_vaccum_head.png  

ok Eduardo

mira enviame informacion de tu router CNC
    si se puede reparar

nosotros en mexico se han vendido como 250 routers y lasers chinas d ela marca excitech y limac , si tu procesador no sirve t elo puedo arreglar solo necesito saber todaslas caracteristicas de tu cnc para poder arreglarlo. o podemos hacer una conferencia yo cobro mas barato por solucionarte tus problemas de tu cnc yponerloa trabajar,

saludos

In mexico city

some people sell one router CNC

excitech

the machine is working look like new little job

26500 usd