585,982 active members*
4,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

JINAN QUICK CNC ROUTER CO

Hi Everyone,

I have chosen to start this thread pertaining to my purchase of a Chinese built cnc machine. I have decided to trim a few functions from it to keep the price down as little as possible.
    Currently the machine will be 2000x4000x300Z and controlled by MACH3. i have included a Rotary axis and spec'd a 4.5kw water cooled spindle since i am totally satisfied with the 2.2kw water cooled spindle i have on my cnc i built 18 months ago.
    The concerns i have are the quality and accuracy China may offer, free shipping offers and follow up after the machine arrives.

I will post all information when it come available.

Please feel free to comment or share your dealings with this company here for all to see.

Thanks to all in advance.

Gary
    POLYVISUAL
    Perth WA

Congratulations!

Gary, The 2000 x 4000 CNC Router is huge. Glad to know there is another "Quick" machine soon to be in Australia.

I have seen a lot of Forum posts by the West Australian blokes - you are all very knowledgable about these machines.

Our buying experience so far has been first rate in our dealings with Jinan Quick CNC Router Co. They provided lots of photos showing the components, and were happy to take more photos of the machines before they shipped. The machines were shipped on the exact day that they said they would.

Our first machine from China is a bloody ripper, and although these machines are from a different supplier - i am very confident about the quality of them. Will be able to confirm this within a couple of weeks.

The only problem we have had so far is the supposed free shipping. I contend that it is not free at all. I urge you - and anybody buying a machine from China to use your own Local Broker/ Receiver, who will be able to quote accurate figures for the whole process. This is not to have a shot at the machine manufacturers. It is not isolated to any one manufacturer either, but somebody is not giving us the true story here.
    I have tried to get to the bottom of it, but i face a wall of silence.

I have some photos of the Rotary Axis Head and the 4.5KW Watercooled Spindle. Do you want me to post them here?

Rocket.

Anyways peoples, i will shortly have construction photos to post, as well as a break down on the frieght i have been quoted by Transitainer, a Perth based broker.
    I will have room in my container if anyone wants to purchase a model K6100 from Quick CNC. you can check the model out at www.kk-cnc.com. Time is ticking though so the offer wont be here for to long.

Send a private message if you are interested.

Gary Bennett
    POLYVISUAL
    Perth WA

Hello everyone,

As promised, some photos of the build.

I am very happy with the frame work. Considering that the local boys like Tekcel and Procam use pretty flimzy frame work for their entry level machines, this unit i have been informed will be close to 3.5 tonne once complete. Comparing price, i could have three of these machines for the price of one in Perth. Having said that, i have seen and used both Procam and Tekcel and for locally made machines, they both have produced very good systems but your wallet will be much lighter.

More soon.

Gary Bennett
    POLYVISUAL
    Perth WA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K60MT-4 Structure 090812.jpg   K60MT-4 Structure 090812-1.jpg   K60MT-4 Structure 090812-3.jpg   K60MT-4 Structure 090812-4.jpg  

K60MT-4 Structure 090812-6.jpg   K60MT-4 Structure 090812-7.jpg  

Hi Gary, I can confirm that the tables are very well built and heavy. It takes 4 blokes to lift and move the little 600 x 1000 Router.

Very interested in seeing the Shipping and Receiving costs that you mentioned.

Here are the photos of the 4th Axis Rotary head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails throtary1.jpg   throtary.jpg  

Gary, How is it coming along?

Rocket.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in the uploads. I have been relocating my factory unit the last week. I sent Quick CNC a request for an update on my machine and its finished!!
    Just paid the balance today so now i cant wait to get it here.
    The freight folks, is the most annoying part of the whole transaction. China decided not only to confess that the freight was never going to be free, but to rub salt in the wound, a $550US increase was kindly given to me to cough up. I have nominated Transitainer here in Perth to coordinate the freight. Who really knows if i will pay more this was as China are not too forthcoming in supplying a breakdown in costs. Anyway im sure once the smoke settles i will forget the freight content and just tally up what the machine cost in total. I still firmly believe that i have payed a fifth of what i could expect to pay locally.

Gary
    POLYVISUAL
    Perth WA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K60MT 2000X4000X300mm 090903.jpg   K60MT 2000X4000X300mm 090903-4.jpg  

That is good news

Gary, Good to see that the machine is ready, and will soon be on the way to you.

No idea what the extra $550USD is about? I am glad to see that the Chinese are giving up on the free shipping rort! To your advantage - i note that your machine is being sent over in a " Sole Use " container. This will prevent the shipping company from applying excessive Port and Handling charges. Not as much scope for them to add B/S costs.

Make sure to be prepared for the arrival, with the correct Collets, Extractor, Power Points Etc.

Please keep us advised on how it is going.

Rocket.

Hi All,

Just been having a look at rocket and garys posts about the sole use container and just had to relate my story.
    We imported a 1530 machine from excitech in July / August.
    We requested the sole use container option for the extra comfort of nothing else being able to hit the machine and also that the wharf fees were cheaper without the wharfies having to unload it out of the container. It cost us about $300 extra, but----- we thought it would be a safer option.

Well the ship arrived and then we get a call from our freight forwarder telling us that customs did a scan of the container and that they had picked up what looked like traces of grain, so customs immediately sent the container to a quarantine yard.

To cut a long story short we finally recived the machine about a week later and at an extra cost of $1295. we actually breathed a slight sigh of relief as our freight forwarder told us last time he had that happen to a cutomer it cost them over $4000.
    I went up to the quarantine yard in Brisbane to have alook and the bloke said that the container hadn't been cleaned since its previous trip where it had carted grain to some where it the world, the container had grain underneath the timber crate housing the cnc and grain in all the little vents on the container which all had to be cleaned.

So just goes to show you that there is no risk free option when it comes to importing.

By the way rocket, just thought I would let you know that we bought our first cnc from Quick cnc back in 2006 and it is still going strong.
    We didn't go with them this time, as as soon as we had the quick machine landed and went to set it up Quick cnc wouldn't answer any communication from us, we weren't complaining or wanting anything for the machine, we just wanted some operating help for the dsp system.
    In the end we converted the machine to use Mach2.

Regards,
    Neil

Congratulations!

Neil, Congratulations on your new machine. We also have an Excitech 1500 x 3000 machine - It is a ripper. Did you order it with DSP or Mach3?

It was unfortunate that you happened to get the container with the grain in it. When our Mustangs arrive from the USA, AQIS have made us have them Steam Cleaned every time. At added cost of course! Funny how they still arrive with cobwebs everywhere underneath. I know that we must keep foreign insects out of this country - but i still think it is a rort among the waterfront crowd!

When our first machine arrived, it was also in a sole use container. I posted the Port charges in the Excitech thread. Would be interesting seeing a comparison? Any possibility of you posting your charges at this end of the shipping?

You say the Quick machine is still going strong - so is our Excitech. I am sure you will be happy with it. The Chinese generally have a reputation for not answering queries after delivery of machines, however i do believe this is changing. As their machines become more widely known around the world, and on Forums such as this, they are realising that there is a responsibility on their part to maintain good customer relations. Quick CNC have been very fast in answering any questions i have put to them. My contact at Quick has moved over to them fairly recently, and is very customer focused.

Thanks for sharing your story - i hope you post regularly.

Rocket.

Hi Rocket,

I ordered it with mach 3, havent had time to get it completely set up yet, also having trouble with support from Jerry at Excitech, he still answers the emails some times and makes lots of promises and excuses but doesn't actually deliver on the promises, but that is another story.

Did you want me to post the shipping charges on this thread or on the Excitech thread?

I know what you mean about the import process, I would only be to happy to pay for the correct services to keep all the nasties out of our crops etc, but like you say, it is debatable if the things we pay for are actually happening.

Neil

Shipping Costs

Neil, shipping is a pretty hot topic at the moment. I think gary will not mind us posting the shipping costs here. Here are ours from December 2007 -

This was for a 20ft Container from Qingdao port China - to Adelaide SA

The cost of actual shipping was paid to Excitech. This cost was $1,860.
    That was at a peak shipping time. Costs are lower at the moment.

GST of $1,799 was paid upon arrival of the container as part of the Customs Clearance process. This was added to the account from our Broker.

Other charges -
    Electronic Entry Fee $76.90
    Integrated Customs System $25
    Lift On Lift Off $30
    Port Service Charge $89.50
    Terminal Handling Charge $240
    Quarantine Processing Fee $113
    Quarantine Entry Fee $25
    Bill of Lading Fee $65
    Maritime Security Levy $12.50
    Release Paperwork pickup $65
    Cartage ( to our premises ) $370.20
    Broker`s Fees $150
    GST on above charges $107.22
    Therefore overall totals -
    Container Shipping $1,860
    GST $1,799.66
    Fees at Aussie End $1,369.32
    Total Cost $5,028.98

Rocket.

Here is the original shipping fees we paid upon arrival.
    This is from Qingdao to Brisbane.
    GST Tax able importation $1265
    Customs User fee $88
    Shipping port charges $481.44
    Quarantine Fees $56
    Quarantine declaration $88
    Cartage $565
    Delivery order fee $50
    CMR compliance $35
    Import entry declaration $150
    Std/fax/fid $10
    Electronic Data fee $19.50
    Sea Cargo automation fee $16.50
    Wharf slot booking fee $20
    Terminal Handling charge $90
    Fuel Surcharge 15% $84.75

Sub total $3019.93
    GST $ 161.02
    Total $3180.95

This for a FCL container
    But as I said we then got hit with the quarantine of the container, which with the additional freight to move it from the quarantine yard to our factory added $1295.

Oh one other charge we paid to excitech for using a sole use container was $495.

Neil

Angry Shipping costs are Fuzzy!

In order to make a direct comparison - remove the GST from machine and actual shipping. We get the GST back anyway, and with the tax breaks at the moment - we come out of the GST component quite well.

If we also remove your extra Quarantine/Aquis charges the comparison looks correct and reasonable.

Our total Shipping costs $3,229.98 to Adelaide
    Your total shipping costs$2,410.95 to Brisbane

This looks to be around the odds.

However, if we add your extra Quarantine/Aquis charges - yout total becomes $3,705. Thinking aloud here - Did you see any proof that the extra charges were actually from Aquis? The Container shipping at $495 sounds to be under the regular charges? Given that Brisbane is a lot closer to China than Adelaide, it of course would be cheaper. But it sounds too low! Just last week we had a price for a 20ft Container from Qingdao to Melbourne. That was $1100 USD.

The reason i question the amount is that we were supposedly given free shipping on the 3 machines we recently purchased. It was NOT free at all. They just added a lot of B/S charges at this end to make up for it. The total including GST for that lot was $8,229.00. Ouch! That hurt!

Rocket.

Neil, was the 495 for a sole use container in addition to the regular shipping charge or was that the total shipping charge?

rowbare, the $495 was supposed to be an additional charge on top of the free shipping.
    In other words if we had the machine sent LCL the shipping was supposed to be free, but as we requested FCL (Its own container) the $495 was to make up for this option.

But it is cheaper doing FCL as if the wharfies have to actually unload stuff out of the container, they charge something like $115 / square metre, so that would have added around $1000 for a machine the size of ours.

Rocket, we didn't get any other shipping info other than what I posted above apart from the invoice that the info was on.

Not sure if they calculate destinations by port or country, as the boat that it came on actually docked in Melbourne and I think Sydney before going to Brisbane
    I can see why $8990 would hurt, was that in several containers or just one 40ft?

Neil

It seems Gary has been diving for too long. may have bought a good scuba, We have a new member enrolled Gary, maybe you are liking to get a glance...

Gary, how about sending some more photos of your beast and uploading some youtube videos of the goodies you're building.

curious cookie, N

To Gary and Rocket

I bought excitech SHM1325A with HSD spindle, vacuum table, becker pump about 2 years ago. I didn't run the machine on production hours, just on-the-job base. Recently, just realized that they actually built the machine wrongly.

First, the working area is not 1300mm x 2460mm as promised. I had to modified the stopper, so that the gantry can run up to 2460. (they installed the stopper wrongly).

Secondly, as I tried to re-grease the hiwin linear blocks on the x-axis rail, I found out that the grease-nipple face inside (all 4 of them). So I can not reach the grease-nipple as they are blocked by the steel plate (where the spindle mounted). When I called Excitech, they just said, yes they are wrong and nothing could be done. And I have to dismantle the whole spindle holder and the z-axis, if I want to re-grease the z-axis hiwin linear block.

Any suggestion, on alternative way to re-grease the hiwin linear block?
    Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you

kesuma

just want to know whether this machine is designed to cut STEEL?
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123