584,817 active members*
5,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: reset button

reset button

everytime I go from one tab to the next like the toolpath tab to the mdi tab I have to press the reset button? I have shut down the computer and restarted and this helps for a few times but then the problem comes right back. any ideas?

reinstall software & driver. Check your setting of the parallel port. Make sure you don't have a software in background that can try to access to parallel port. It also can be your video card driver. You also can try formating and reinstall windows (backup your data before).

My mach software are running on a clean computer, no other software are installed and the computer never see internet.

Hope this will help you

Yan

im not at the shop now but I am pretty sure I have the disk to reinstall the software, and I have also seen a disk that said drivers. this machine has never been used for the internet and only has windows on it. I should be able to unistall the software and reinstall it without a problem but I have no idea about the drivers......is there more information on this procedure outhere somewhere?

Also is there any settings that I will have to reset??

Also I have had a problem with the z axis loosing position while cutting pockets recently. The g-code is good. And it doesnt happen everytime. when it does happen I can go back to my refrence spot and verify that it is off. The cutter is not slipping in the collet and everything seems snug in the axis? just wondering if the two could be linked??

Hello kevinl,

The system being used as a controller usually needs to be set up as a dedicated controller and you don't want the system to have screen savers enabled, sleep mode etc. running on that system. Anything that can interrupt the processing of the file loaded into Mach3 can possibly cause problems. There is documented information on the mach support site that will help you optimize your system to use as a controller but you may have to do a search for it there:
    www.machsupport.com
    I also had to remove the wireless card from the laptop that runs my SX3 mill to prevent connections to it. Good luck with getting it figured out, but I think it may be related to optimizing the system as a controller only.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

thanks metal

I should have said this before but this is not a new machine....it has seemed to work properly for about 2 years.......these problems are new.

Edited to say that the screen saver is turned off.....but the screen does go black after the mouse hasnt moved in 10-15 minutes or so......and if you wiggle the mouse, the router will pause for a moment and continue......is this the sleep function? I will see if I can get that turned off.

screensaver and screen shutdown should be turned off as for the z axis loosing position whe will need more info on the machine such as motor torque, motor type, feed rate, spindle speed, doc, tool used to make cut, etc, etc, etc...
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post

Edited to say that the screen saver is turned off.....but the screen does go black after the mouse hasnt moved in 10-15 minutes or so......and if you wiggle the mouse, the router will pause for a moment and continue......is this the sleep function? I will see if I can get that turned off.
    Power management in Control Panel.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for all the input guys....I think I have everything working correctly now.