584,871 active members*
5,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Blowing the fuses

Hi, I just finished up building my 3 axis board and started testing it, however i blow the 3 amp fuse all the time. The first time I turn the sysytem on it works, but when i turn it on a second time the fuse blows instantaneously, i checked everything and can't seem to find a problem. Is the system suposed to be grounded somewhere? Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

I was having the same problem (my kit is no longer in use). What I found, is that if you toggle both switches at almost the same time, this will happen. When powering up, turn the fan switch on. Wait a few seconds, then turn the main switch on. When powering down, turn the main switch off. Wait a minute or so, then turn the fan switch off.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks101
    Hi, I just finished up building my 3 axis board and started testing it, however i blow the 3 amp fuse all the time. The first time I turn the sysytem on it works, but when i turn it on a second time the fuse blows instantaneously, i checked everything and can't seem to find a problem. Is the system suposed to be grounded somewhere? Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    OK to use a 4A or 3.15 slo blo
    Dave Rigotti