585,591 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Inventor 2010

I was wondering is there cut feature in inventor something like in solidworks

Im learning inventor. I cant find anything i learned solidworks at school

make a section view on the part

THanks

Section Views

By cut, are you meaning section views? If so, then yes Inventor can do it. You need to be in drawing mode to do it. Create a new .dwg and put your part in it.
    The controls in 2010 are a bit different from 2009 which is what I am used to but there is a very wide range of things you can do in dwg.

i talking about in the part model not in the drawing

and cut i mean like slots and etc

isn't it in the extrude function? don't recall as i only used it for a bit

Extrude

Yes there is an option in extrude where you can cut. Just start a new sketch on the surface where you want the cut and create the geometry of cut. There are 3 choices in the extrude options and 1 on them will be cut.

ty james that is what i was looking for

can u revolve cut?

Revolve

As far as revolving using the extrude feature, I am unsure how to do this.
    I know geometry can be revolved but I have never tried to cut doing this. If i needed a curved 'cut' in the part I would make the geometry in my sketch curved to the shape. Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

You can also import i-features from the content center.
    One of them is slots. You modify that feature as well.
    Easiest way to revolve a cut is to draw that part with the cut, then revolve that drawing. When you revolve you can set the diameter.

that is way i usually do it but i seeing if inventor was had that feature or not

Cut command

You cut by first creating a sketch on a face or a work plane. The use the extrude command and select cut.
    You can also cut with most other commands such as sweep loft rerlove etc.

Hope this helps

Ive been using Inventor from R3 and have all the wounds to prove it. Were supposed to be moving over to Solidworks.

regards

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by gillyhyde8888 View Post
    You cut by first creating a sketch on a face or a work plane. The use the extrude command and select cut.
    You can also cut with most other commands such as sweep loft rerlove etc.

Hope this helps

Ive been using Inventor from R3 and have all the wounds to prove it. Were supposed to be moving over to Solidworks.

regards

Christian
    Why not Inventor 2010 if I may ask?

Thumbs up Still using 2010

I still try to use 2010, but its crap, they just don't fully test things!! its slower than ever, and it messes other stuff up when you try to run them together, which you do when your designing. It wont run proberly with Autocad 2010 and adobe to name a few.

I cant wait for the company to go bust, which I'm sure it will.
    The only solid programe they ever produced was Autocad 14, which was very reliable and stable, quicker to produce design detail and assembly drawings 12-15 years ago, than now, will this over complicated unreliable sh*te.

Oh, the manuals and tutorials are also bollocks, typical american mumbo jumbo salesmans patter (not ment to affend any yanks, but we did win the war, although ...... well thats another story)

Regards

Christian

^
    WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by gillyhyde8888 View Post
    I still try to use 2010
    What compllexity are you working with? I have used SolidWorks (about 4 years ago) Untill my employer wanted to go with Autodesk Inventor. I didn't want to switch simply because of the learning curve. We received training, (helped to forget how to use solidworks).
    We design and manufacture components for Industrial Gas Turbines and related equipment with much success (I think).
    I try to ignore peoples biassed oppinions on brands (In US the argument is always Ford, Chevy, Dodge)
    I would like to know, (honestly) is there that much more functionality in Solid Works? I am non on the level of those using proE and catia. Arn't SolidWorks and Inventor in the same league?

Angry Now then MR

Right then, If you have used Solid Works and you are moveing over to inventor I would probably say your jumping out of a hot frying pan into a tepid vergeing on toasty warm one, that may get hotter.

Pro eng, catia etc are in different leagues, thats why they're mega bucks (pounds)

The trouble with all this 3D crap is that it as been created because people, sales man, some engineers and designers, manageing directors and cpo's can't read or conceptualise 2D drawings????????? unbelievable i know, but its true, BRUNEL DIDNT NEED FUC-IN CAD 3D 4D OR ID he was an Engineer like ME and I hope YOU.

ITS out of the window, bring back FAG (cigerette) packet sketches and the drawing boards, this would cut militery ......... I'm going on again ..sorry......your wit mi blood pressure ......but I like it.

Gilly From Hyde Uk Ten four rubber DUCKINFIELD (Dukinfield)

solidworks and inventor are about the same thing as in features stuff is just in different spot.

U need a pretty powerful computer to run inventor 2010 at least a dual core

our computers are good enough

The computers we are running have 8 gig RAM the, ****in things sound like dyson hoovers with the air rushin throught them, we havent had the heating on since the last ice age, they keep ya toast ****in toasty.
    Solidwork is better more stable..........inventor is out the window, compared match to match on the same $8000 machines.

Put that in ya pipe and smoke it, or put the tabacco on my PC and we can all smoke it.

:stickpoke

8 gibs of ram means nothing.

U need a good dual core, and good video card.

I run it on my labtop and i have no problems

intel dual core 2.5 gt 8800m and 4 gibs of ram

M6 PLAIN WASHERS

You must just using it to model up simple stuff!!! ya washers, packers and crap like that!!