585,948 active members*
3,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Pendants ?

Pendants ?

I'm wondering which pendants everyone is using with their Tormach. I'm using the one with the jog wheel and really like it but, I would really like to have an E-stop in my hand and maybe a pause button to boot. Has anyone used one of the iMach Pro's on their machine? I saw it over in the Mach forums and wanted views from Tormach users. I like the way its setup, But can it be installed without any major issue? Thanks!!

Larry O

I bought a Logitech RumblePad a while back but have not found time to get it hooked-up to the Tormach. I think a digital joystick may be a bit more logical for machine control. Thanks for reminding me of yet another project that need attention.

I've buy the Genovation Controlpad 683 (sku#683). I'm very happy with this. I've mapped a lot of functions like spindle, coolant, cycle start, pause, stop, feed up/down, ... Very usefull.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32648353@N03/3795148171/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32648353@N03/3795969018/
    I was looking for the tormach shuttle but found it was missing function. I think the best would be the Shuttle PRO but when I bought my pendant, there was no good driver for the shuttle pro (now I think there's one...)

Larry, I really like the Tormach pendant. The combination of variable-speed continuous jogging plus discrete jogging (which I keep at 0.0005") makes setup easy, and I typically don't use macros so I don't need all the buttons of a Shuttle Pro. I did add external start and estop buttons since I built an enclosure for my machine. I'm experimenting with light-shielding for the monitor right now.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6538a.jpg  

Pendant

I too use the Tormach pendant, no complaints.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Don't know if you guys have seen our Wireless PDA Pendant or not...here are some photos to wet your appetite. This can be used on nearly any CNC machine as long as our X-Classic or XL controller is used. Pendant runs off Bluetooth when you're near the controller and WiFi when you're not (can sit on your couch at home and run your machine at the shop). Some of the features include live updates (part progress, time left, etc.), Jog Controls, Start, Stop, Feed Override, and much much more....check out our website for more information.

http://www.wardjet.com

WARDJet Waterjet Cutting Machines
    http://www.wardjet.com

I think the Jog/Shuttle Pendant is the better by far of the two Tormach pendants and is worth the modest price. It just has the jogging and single step functions and interacts with Mach3 which suits me. The only criticism is that it takes two hands to operate it. I am going to make a mount for it that will prevent movement/rotation.

In regard to having a E-stop button handy, I fully agree, having lost a few tools and parts, trying to look for the mouse, then zeroing on to the Reset screen button then clicking. The problem with the available methods of quickly stopping the tool motion require at least resetting part zero. But I have finally dcided that the effort to recover from an E-stop is worth the saving in certain damage to the tool/part and possible damage to the mill. So I have purchased the auxillary E-stop button and will install it very near to the computer keyboard.
    Bevin