585,741 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > osp 5020L monitor went out!!

osp 5020L monitor went out!!

i have an okuma cadet lathe with an OSP 5020L... machine was running then all off a sudden the monitor went out... all the buttons and controls work just fine.. its just the screen dont work no more.... anyone know what happen? blown fuse?, monitor toast? video card?... any help on trouble shooting the problem would be sweet!!! thanks

call some CRT TV technician. You need to swich off the machine and disassemble CRT box. Optimistic case You just clean there. Maybe scan transistor blown, maybe just contact of transformer bad.

Sometimes the monitors tend to lose the contrast ( fade ) when on the way out

Did you have such a indication ??
    or
    did someone just turn the screen OFF as a joke ???

any crt tech can take a look at it? it doesnt have to be someone familiar with a cnc?

Check that panel switch!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Sometimes the monitors tend to lose the contrast ( fade ) when on the way out

Did you have such a indication ??
    or
    did someone just turn the screen OFF as a joke ???
    Exactly - be sure the CRT off button is not active - if you toggle the button give the CRT time to come up - its not instant on.

Worse case - Okuma has come up with a LCD retrofit since the OEM CRT's are no longer available. I prefer the look of the CRT's but the LCD's work just fine.

i played with the switch and still nothing.... my operator said he didnt notice the screen getting darker or anything like that...

We had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Our maintenance man opened the panel and reset a breaker and it came back on. At least that's what he told me he did.

a breaker in the back of the machine or inside behind the monitor?

I really think the 24v is being dragged down! Is there alot of vibration while cutting? The problem you have is sometimes doing this not happening all the time or is the control completly off and will not boot

the control works.. but the monitor wont come on at all

Well then your crt went out. I would be careful working around the tube monitor let someone experienced dig into it. You might be able to get a tv repair shop to fix your problem. Like someone said before okuma has a retrofit flatscreen that you replace it with, really easy to install!. Really nothing else you can really do, other than what i said. I was thinking your control was turning off and on whenever, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Oti View Post
    We had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Our maintenance man opened the panel and reset a breaker and it came back on. At least that's what he told me he did.
    I have the same problem right now! Do you know wich breaker reset???

The problem turned out to be a blown CRT I went to a local tv repair shop and 200 bucks later I had a working monitor