586,024 active members*
4,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Mill Leveling Pads

I would like to install (4) leveling pads on a Bridgeport series I mill. Could someone suggest a high quality leveling pad and where they can be purchased?

Many Thanks,

Bob Adams
    989 798 6581

Where to buy?

Hi Bob,

I have looked at getting some but have not yet purchased them
    The ones I found were in the MSC catalogue. They come in different sizes/weight capacities and are also vibration dampening.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Bridgeport Leveling Pads

Do you have the manufacturers name? I'm not familiar with the MSC catalog, please explain.

Regards,

Bob Adams

Try this link and pick the ones that you want.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/Stud-Mount...000001085.HTML

Installation?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to install those?

Without a forklift or 3000 lb shop hoist...

BTW: Enco has them on special right now.

Exclamation Safety first

Quote Originally Posted by gschoep View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to install those?

Without a forklift or 3000 lb shop hoist...

BTW: Enco has them on special right now.
    The obvious way is carefully.

You can use a pry bar to tilt the the machine back a little bit and then get some wood blocks underneath and do it a little at a time. you could also use what I call a "johnson bar" or machinery mover to get it tilting. I would also move the table in or out to help balance the machine as you go. When installing the front ones, move the table all the way back and do the opposite with the rear ones. Never put your hands or fingers under the machine unless it is well and truly blocked. One slip and you will need your toes to count to ten.

If the machine is not a rigid ram style, you can also move the ram forward and backward to make the tilting easier.

Mike

Hi Minton

If your machine is CNC do not put it on the rubber mounts as with every rapid move the machine will move around they need to be a solid mount like steel which you can make yourself

An easy way to lift your machine is if you are doing the front or back first move the table all the way to the front not the back as in the post above wind the knee up a little put a piece of 2x4 or 4x4 under the knee (make sure that this can not slip from under the knee & wind the knee down this will then jack the machine up in the front you then want to place a 2x3 or what ever under the machine back under the machine as far as you can then raise the knee back up as you have placed the piece under the machine in the right Place you will be able to do the back mounts first as the machine will be now tipped forward then use the knee again as a jack again to do the front Just be careful the piece you put under the knee can not slip out
    Mactec54