584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi Meldas M50 error code S01-0020

Tryed to boot up my Yang Eagle 600 with Meldas M50 this morning and I got an error code S01-0020. I did a search in this forum for this problem and it seams it is encoder related.After the error code I get XYZ. This means that all 3 axis have encoder problem? What are the odds of that. Could it be that I have lost voltage signal to all encoders?

Take a look at your drives in the electrical cabinet. They should be flashing an alarm, probably 20. Check on Mitsubishi's website www.meau.com. They should have some troubleshooting procedures for that alarm. I doubt that all three drives have the same problem like an encoder going bad on all three at the same time. Very odd.

Make sure SV25 (MTYP) is set correctly for the encoder type you have.
    On the M50 I think it's actually parameter #3205?? I've never seen 3 encoders go bad at one time. It has to be something common to all 3 axes.

Guys
    I will check # on the drives tomorrow. I tried switching the drives but nothing happens. It will not energize any of the drives. It just gives me the S01-0020 alarm and just sits there. So what ever happened it is on all 3 drives because none of them will energize.

When one of your drives alarms out, none of the drives will energize. The CNC will not send a ready command unless there are no major alarms in the system.
    Swapping drives will not show you much until you know what alarms you have on each drive and then see if the alarm follows the drive. In your case since all three drives are alarming out the same this won't help much.

Found this on Meau. Pertain to MDS type drive but rule of thumb is same. In the case of digital drives, usually 56 eStop is on the good drives and the alarm # say 20 will be displayed on the bad drive or axis. HTH.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guys
    I did download that alarm PDF. I did get a chance to write down what is flashing on the drives.

NC Controller flashes X axis Flashes Y axis Flashes Z Axis Flashes
    A.L. F1 F2 F3
    S1 20 20 20

Alarm Diagnostic

S01 servo alarm PR 0020 X

EMG SRV

This is what my screen and drives say. I can take pics of the actual screens and attach if that would help anyone.

Thanks John

Screen Pics

Guys
    I have attached some pics of the screen and the drivers. I did make a mistake though on the screen it is only displaying X axis NOT XYZ as I stated but, the drivers all flash 20.

NC controller Flashes A.L. , S1 , 20 , 01

X Axis Flashes F1 , 20

Y Axis Flashes F2 , 20

Z Axis Flashes F3 , 20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M50Alarm.jpg   drivers.jpg  

Does this happen on power up?
    What were the events that lead up to this? Did the machine crash before hand?
    This is a very difficult problem to troubleshoot because all three drives show the same thing.
    It was stated before but have you checked all of your servo parameters to the hard copy for your machine? Have you had battery alarms? Have you lost any data such as programs or tool data. This would indicate some loos of parameters as well.
    You may want to give Mitsubishi a call (847-478-2500) at talk with one of their service engineers. If nothing else they will recommend a part like an encoder to try out. If they recommend it and it doesn't work you can return the part for full credit.

CHECK THE 24V POWER SUPPLY

DEAR BOCKO 912,

PLEASE CHECK THE 24V POWER SUPPLY BECAUSE FROM THE PHOTOS WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN YOU ARE GETTING ALARM MESSAGE Z-AXIS BRAKE OFF.WHEN YOU SWITCH ON THE MACHINE THE Z-AXIS BRAKE SHOULD BE IN ON POSITION AND IF IT FAILS THE SERVO AMPLIFIERS FOR THE AXES WILL NOT GET ON CONDITION FOR SAFETY REASONS.

SO PL CHECK THE 24V POWER SUPPLY,

MAY BE OTHER MAZAK/MITSUBISHI EXPERTS CAN CORRECT ME IF IAM WRONG.

THANKS,

CHANDRU

Guys
    Before I shut the machine down for the day I moved all the axis's around to reach the lube points to lube the machine. As I was moving the Z axis down I noticed that it was making a vibrating noise and axis was jerking. Machine was running fine until this point. I was in a hurry so I just shut down the machine and figured I would deal with it in the morning. When I came in the next day I have the alarms that you see on mt posts. I was planning on call Mitsu. today and I will also check the 24 volt Power supply as suggested. There were no alarms prior to shutting down the machine.

Thanks John

Have you paged through your parameters to see if they're all there and or look abnormal? Do you have a hardcopy in the back of the machine that you can compare them to?
    A 24V loss should yield a 24V down alarm.

I may be able to locate parameters for this machine if needed. I'd have to check.

That vibrating/jerking movement was probably because the brake on the Z axis engaged for some strange reason. The Brake is usually disengaged by 24V so CHANDRU may have a point to check the 24V power supply. Usually when thew 24V power supply goes bad you get a lot more PLC alarms then that but it is still worth checking. The brake can be either in the servo motor and is usually a third connector to the motor but not always. If you see a B in the motor model number it means it has a brake. You may also have an external brake installed by Yang. Don't know much about these but most disengage once 24V is supplied to them.

Could the "break" alarm mean Z axis breaker? The red LED does not appear to be on on the Z axis servo. This indcator displays "on" if the DC Buss is charged or may just mean that power is on the drive. Either way it doesn't look to me that the 'Drive is Alive' in the photo. Maybe the jerking was the last act of a dying drive?
    I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, but I have never seen a magnetic brake with a sense switch on it to alarm the control.

Parameters

I spent part of the day on the phone with Mike from Mitsu. Big time help!! We figured out that I had lost all Of my parameters for the machine some how . He does not know why but we Isolated the Y drive and worked parameters until it would boot. Unfortunately I did not have a params disc but I had the hard copy from Yang in the cabinet. I had to reload ALL of the parameters for the machine by hand. It still does not function the way it should but at least it will boot in all 3 Axis's. 24 volt supply is fine and so is Z axis brake. The problem now is the Tchanger does not work. I am thinking macro problem It will go to Tchange position but will not rotate to any tool #. Rokkin It would be greatly appreciated if you could get params for my machine Yang 600 Eagle SN Z00260 Mitsu. Meldas M50 control. Just Need to get tool changer working!!!

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by bocko912 View Post
    I spent part of the day on the phone with Mike from Mitsu. ....

.... Rokkin It would be greatly appreciated if you could get params for my machine Yang 600 Eagle SN Z00260 Mitsu. Meldas M50 control. Just Need to get tool changer working!!!
    Yeah...I suspected parameters. I will have a look tomorrow at my machine database to see if I have these parameters.

Rokkin
    Would you have any idea why the tchanger it not working? The Z axis goes to tool change position and I think the spindle orient's and the pin comes out of the tool magazine so the magazine can rotate but it will not rotate not even in manual. There is a CW and CCW button on side of the machine by the tchanger and when you press it with machine in manual mode it does not move or even try to. Was thinking maybe the macro is bad. but I don't know much about that.
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by bocko912 View Post
    Rokkin
    Would you have any idea why the tchanger it not working? The Z axis goes to tool change position and I think the spindle orient's and the pin comes out of the tool magazine so the magazine can rotate but it will not rotate not even in manual. There is a CW and CCW button on side of the machine by the tchanger and when you press it with machine in manual mode it does not move or even try to. Was thinking maybe the macro is bad. but I don't know much about that.
    Thanks John
    It's probably still all parameter related. Maybe some PLC parameters missing.
    I was able to find some parameters for this machine. Can you send me a PM with an email address please.

Good morning, please can you help me explain briefly:
    I have a center of emcanizado YCM Supermax MAX3 Rebel of the year 95 control Mitsubishi Meldas 520 AM the servomotor of the z axis is broken and replaced by another one of the same code but with different encoder the original servomotor is: HA80NC-S and the original encoder is HA80NT- E30 of the year 94
    The code of the new servomotor is HA80NC-S and the new encoder is HA80NC-E42, of the year 99 I change it and I get this error:
    S01 Servo Alarm: PR 0020
    the Servo Driver I have is: MDS-A-SVJ-10
    I have not changed any parameters, can help me please do not know what to do, I would greatly appreciate any help many thanks in advance.

My name is Rafael lopez and I am from Lima Peru.
    Thank you very much.

I need help