585,753 active members*
4,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Save G-Code

Save G-Code

Hi All!
    Is there a way of saving G-Code and loading it into the Ultimax III Controller via Floppy?
    The Machine is a 06 Model.
    I have never done it and was wondering if it is possible and how to do it.
    Thanks!
    All comments made are my opinion!

Put the disk in the drive. Push Aux key, Push F1 or Storage Functions, Select current storage drive, select A:, Push read or write to disk (depending on which you want to do to the A. It should bring up the files on the A drive arrow to select the file and then "Poof" it will transfer. I sell a manual for the HNC and the conversational side of that machine if you would like one. I sell them for $70.00 (total for intro and advanced manual). I worked for Hurco U.S. for several years as a Senior Applications Engineer and was not happy with their manual so I made one of my own. I will bump it to the top of the Hurco forum so you can see it. If you would like a sample page send me a pm with your email and I will send you a sample page.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

I'm well aware of how to operate the Hurco, the question was about the G-Code. (Never tried it)
    I have Mastercam with a Hurco post and was just wondering if it was possible to transfer the G-Code on Floppy rather than having the PC hocked to the Machine.
    Not a big deal! It is not a live and death situation. Every so often it may come in handy if it is possible.

Transfers very well providing your post is good. Never had any problems. Has a nice simple error checking routine.

Sorry, I miss understood the question. But yes it can be done, I do it weekly with HNC and conversational programs. Let me know if I can help with it. Sorry again for the confusion.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Question

Thanks Guys! While where talking about transfer's, how does the binary protection on the Files work?
    I have come across this WinMax Desktop program and managed to write a program with it and transfered it to an older Ulti 3 Machine that ran the program flawlessly but the newer ones keep telling me about a CR Error on the Disk. And to clarify this! there is no redundancy error cause I can still load to the older machines. The File extension is .HD3 and should work in all of the machines other than the WinMax that uses .HD5
    Thanks!