584,849 active members*
4,580 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Huanyang HY02D223B 2.2Kw VFD

Huanyang HY02D223B 2.2Kw VFD

hello,

Can any one help me with a Huanyang HY02D223B 2.2Kw VFD and Spindle. I live in the uk and have conected the power supply (Dometsic 240v) to R and S terminals. The drive powers up, the fan doesnt run (don't know if it should or not til the spindle is running)
    The drive displays an error 'E.Lu.S', from other sources I believe this means either. a, Phase missing, b, Lower voltage c, sudden change in direction.
    I have tried almost everything with the dp00? config, but cant seem to get any further. Has anyone else had this Fault?

I'm I missing a trick, after changing settings should I just be able to press run and the spindle starts, stop and it stops. I have had the drive configured for Operator control and external, but still get the error!!

Best regards

Christian

the same problem

Hi, Christian I have the same problem with my VFD, the same message on the display. I have used the vfd and the spindle for 2 weeks without problems, but yesterday when I tried to turn on was showing the message 'E.Lu.S'.

Please let me know if you have solved the issue, thanks.

Angry Will this problem ever get solved

Hello my One and only Friend,

I wish I could help, but i still have the same error message. I have been trying to sort it out now for well over a month. I have tried everything!! configuration, wiring, different input voltages, local control, external control, upside down, inside out, night time, day time, full moon, half moon, no f***in moon, reading the bible reading the Quran. Still nothing.
    I take it you'res worked fine then failed?

My drive and spindle have never run, but i think that there must be a component fault, or my drive is'nt what I thought I was ordering.

my drive was purchased to run on 240 volt single phase (phase and neutral) giving an output of 3 phase 220volt for the matched water cooled spindle i bought from the same company.

The fault we are witnessing implies low voltage, sudden stop or phase missing. I'm not sure what the voltage is like in Mexico, are you on 110v neutral and 110v ( 3 wires), you may be missing one off the 110v phases.

Hopethis may help, please keep me informed, I look forward to hearing from you.

best regards

puede dios estar con nosotros

Christiian Gill

Need Help! Huanyang HY02D223B 2.2Kw VFD

Hi Cristian, here in Mexico we have 110v, I did the conection of the VFD acording to a picture that the seller send me and the spindle worked, I did a couple of test jobs and two weeks ago when I tried to run the spindle again nothing but the Elus message on the display.

I noticed today that the vfd says 50 Hz +-5 and as far I know here in México we have 60hz. I tried to change the PID 176 (i dont remember the exactly the number of PID) to 1 that suposed to be for 60 hz but seems that you cant change that configuration.

I talk last night with the seller and told him about the issue and told me that he will ask to the factory, but I stil dont get the answer.

I will let you know as soon I know something important.

Hi Guys,
    I bought one of these a while ago and still can't get it to turn on and off with the computer but I did have some luck with the settings.
    Mine wouldn't run without smoking .
    I have had that error you mentioned before after I set the DC braking switch (PD 030) I set this to 0 , DC braking invalid and I had no problems with that error afterwards
    I did a reset PD013 setting 08 and then had to set it for Frequency Track running on PD025 (setting to 1) for it to work.
    After a reset you set
    PD013
    PD005
    PD004
    PD003
    Have you set the torque curve for the particular motor you have? This is set in the Table of settings for your particular model number (AFTER the PD010 settings in the manual)
    It will have the settings for PD008, 009, 010, 015, 041 all in a row.
    This is a good place to start from.

I am thinking of trying the Speed controller board from IMServices as it is compatible with VFD's for controlling spindle speeds but I don't know if it will work with the Chinese one. It's about $60 so is cheap enough to try.

Let me know how you get on. :-)
    Rich
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Talking I nearly Smitted the feckin thing, but

Richard,

Thanks for the info, I will try the setting soon and let you know.

In the mean time I got really Smokey myself, the little chinese feckker was close to kammi Kasi mission ENGLAND stlye!!

I must confess I gave up and bought 'Vacon 10 Motor Inverter 2.2kW 1 Phase 208-240V' from ebay.

It took me 20 minutes to get the spindle running, absolute piece of cake. It cost £170 stirling, worth every penny!!! Blood pressure is almost normal, can sleep now, it changed my life.

Got carried away abit then, but its top banana!!! winner winner chicken dinner etc etc.

Like I say I will give your advise a whirl, another few hours on top of the hundred or so wont harm.

Cheers Mate

Christian :-)

This is for the 1.5 Kw VFD and motor set up. it will be similar to the lager ones and you will have to look up your manual for the correct settings for the following.

Set up your settings like this in this order as some need to be set before others.

PD013 , 08 is the reset option
    PD001 , 0 Set to 1 if using external POT or 0 if using the VFD control panel
    PD005 , 400 Max frequency
    PD004 , 400 Base freq.
    PD003 , 400 Main freq
    PD006 , 2.5 Intermediate Freq
    PD008 , 220 Max Voltage
    PD009 , 15 Intermediate Voltage
    PD010 , 8 Min Voltage
    PD011 , 120
    PD014 , 5.0 secs
    PD015 , 0.8 secs (Any more trips the VFD)
    PD025 , 1 Frequency Track
    PD070 , 0
    PD071 , 20
    PD072 , 400
    PD142 , 7 Max Amps
    PD143 , 2
    PD144 , 3000 Display correction (multiplied by PD010 = 3000 * 8 = 24,000 revs)

This is detailed by "mhasting2004" in the WoodWork forums at another site for which I am eternally grateful for all their hard work and I re-post it here for others to use.
    This is the link to his topic for a more detailed read if you need it. It is a good read if you are looking to get your teeth into this setup a bit more.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...533#post973533

The manual is here
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...9&d=1237553550

It helped me out immensely
    Rich.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Hay Mate Christian,
    Glad to hear you are spinning with the new VFD.
    Ancient Chinese proverb:Man with Huanyang VFD,get chicken fried spindle.I am confused who actually said that.
    Having said that...there is so many posts and threads on the CNCZONE and the Mecmate forum of VFD problems.Now that you have an English speaking VFD it is much better.I would go the same route as you and purchase an english speaking inverter.
    BTW using single phase in/3ph out there is a powerloss of 2/3rds.This probably doesnot apply as english spindles are usually underated.
    To throw another log in the fire:anyone up and running needs a reactor?These are included in spindle packages from US supplyers of HSD and Colombo.
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT