585,591 active members*
2,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need a bar pull program!!

Hi there I am looking for a manual process for a bar pull program using mazatrol to compare too. I have done them before but it has been a while. I am on a mazak qtn 350 nexus lathe with a matrix control. The M code for open the chuck is 206 when it gets to that M code the program stops and I get an illegal M code alarm. I think I am missing something simple, I also have an M 5 (spindle stop) before trying to open the chuck but still not working any help would be great thanks

Quick version

theres a PLC parameter very early in the list - which is usually kept in the book in the elec cabinet - you need your PLC parameter list. name of the para is like; "chuck auto open close yes/no" RB1.0 is from my acid casualty memory - find it in the book to confirm.

Change this bit parameter. may need a reboot or not. Hint - use the spiffy "bit input" softkey in the parameters. Makes bit para changes very pleasant. Then M206/207 chuck open close by program should work without alarm. remember leaving the chuck open before cycle start makes it's own alarm.

then, in the manual mazatrol unit, or G code program to do the pull, you need to put in G98 IPM feed, as default modal G99 feed per rev wont work with spindle stopped/no revs.

that's a rough draft. If there's issues, pls get back. I can look up in my notes to refine this info. Try to get in the habit of using the alarm number when you get a message - diagnos - alarm history will let you look up alarms of the recent past. Go to your alarm BOOKS (one book is 'generic' program alarms, and another has machine specific alarms) and write a supplemental explanation to the way too brief alarm description in the book so it will be easier to trouble shoot in the future.

Hope this helps.

90% Jimmy