585,722 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > how to delete a corrupt program hs1?

Question how to delete a corrupt program hs1?

I have a corrupt program that shows on the program list with an exclamation point beside it and it causes and alarm when I first turn on the machine or send a different file to the machine. It will accept the new programs but always gives two alarms. I have tried to delete the program but it gives a alarm about corrupt program and doesnt delete. I even tried deleting all at once and it deleted the programs until it reached the corrupt one and gave the alarm and stopped. Im still able to operate the machine but the problem is bothersome. I also cant view or edit this program. Any ideas?

Hi The CNC Noob

This is what a lot have been talking about here on the Zone that the control can be corupted quite easy
    if something/program like this is down loaded I'm surprised that you are able to run the control at all

Do you have the hard drive option If you do I think this is were the problems are coming from

Call Haas support & they will walk you through some steps you have to do if this does not work the whole system will have to be reloaded I hope that will get it fixed for you

If you have the hard drive option & this happens again have the hard drive board taken out & this will not happen again
    Mactec54

It is possible to get corrupt programs on a Haas without a hard drive. Certain key sequences in the editor will corrupt the program that is being edited.

Normally it is possibel to save everything to disk, Delete ALL, then reload from the disk. Sometimes this is not possible and you have to get the controller operating system reloaded after a complete purge of the system.

If you have already tried the delete all and found it will not work the only suggestion I have is try to load a program of the same name from a floppy and see if you can overwrite the corrupted program with a good one. This worked for me once, but several times I have had to have a machine lobotomized to get rid of a corrupt program.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Thanks for the good advice. It doent have the hard drive option so I will try to overwrite the program with a new one and see what happens.

Hi Geof

Thanks for your input on this I thought for a while I was alone on this subject of corupt programs on a Haas control, I know that there are others out there that have had the control on there Haas machines that have got coruped by ether a down load or something that can happen when a program is edited on the control I have not seen many that don't need a reload of the control software to fix it
    Mactec54

I'd like to know why Haas doesn't have a memory scanning utility (like a hex editor) to check memory and permit specific overwriting of bad characters. Maybe they do? Seems like an fundamental requirement of building your own operating system?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    I'd like to know why Haas doesn't have a memory scanning utility (like a hex editor) to check memory and permit specific overwriting of bad characters. Maybe they do? Seems like an fundamental requirement of building your own operating system?
    They do. It is what a "CRC" alarm is (Cycle/Cyclic Redundancy Check). It's just a simple form of checking and it occurs at power on.
    The parameters, settings, language, programs and several other things are checked.
    Most common is a Program Ram CRC alarm. There are a ton of things that can cause it (power brown out while making an edit or while in edit mode or having too many programs in memory).

Keeping backups externally from the machine is really the only way to ba safe.

In most cases perform the following to correct.
    Go to setting 23 and turn it off.
    Back up programs.
    Highlight ALL in List programs page.
    Press Erase Programs.
    Select Yes to All.
    Power off machine.
    Power back on.
    Reload
    Turn setting 23 back on.

Loose Nut

Well yes a CRC is a check of memory but its not exactly a utility to fix corrupt memory. I'm thinking something more along the line of scandisk or some-such.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well yes a CRC is a check of memory but its not exactly a utility to fix corrupt memory. I'm thinking something more along the line of scandisk or some-such.

Re: how to delete a corrupt program hs1?

I have the same problem. Did you figure out how to delete it?

Thanks

Hello to all, I'm having a similar problem. I've read all your posts, the only problem is that I'm not allowd to Select All, it shows me " can't select". I dont know how to proceed. any Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by AlessioBerto View Post
    Hello to all, I'm having a similar problem. I've read all your posts, the only problem is that I'm not allowd to Select All, it shows me " can't select". I dont know how to proceed. any Idea?
    Have you tried what loose nut posted in 2009 this may not suit all model controls

Go to setting 23 and turn it off.

Highlight ALL in List programs page.

Press Erase Programs.

Select Yes to All.

Power off machine.

Power back on.

Reload

Turn setting 23 back on

Make sure you have your machine Backup so it can be reloaded, or you will have a worse problem if you don't

So, use with caution as you may delete some other files that may be needed this is what setting 23 does I myself would not use this unless Haas tec has said it is ok

23 - 9xxx Progs Edit Lock. When this setting is ON, the control does not let you view or alter the files in the 09000 directory in Memory/. This protects macro programs, probing cycles, and any other files in the 09000 folder. If you attempt to access the 09000 folder while Setting 23 is ON, you get the message Setting 23 restricts access to folder.
    Mactec54

I've actually done this 3 times on two Haas mills. I always struggle because I forget one key thing.

When I go down to "ALL" I press write. Wrong! It'll say "Cant select"
    Just arrow down to ALL the press DELETE. Got that, Chris? Arrow down then Delete. Idiot.
    Next time that I have to do this, I'll do a search and find this.