585,760 active members*
3,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy TNCremo NT to pc connection problems

Hi there, can anyone tell me how to connect my pc using TNCremoNT by an Ethernet connection to my heidenhain iTNC530 controller. The computer is currently on a wirless network, does this make it harder? I am not very good with computers so I need HELP!

Any suggestions are very welcome...Thanx

Do you have a network connection on your controller?
    If you have a network connection, you just have to plug it in, install TNCRemo NT on your pc, set up (check your machine manual) network connection on your controller (fixed IP address), and run TNCRemo NT from your PC. This way you can access your machine folders directly from the PC.

I tried to get TNC remote server to work on my laptop / RS232 cable / TNC410 controller and I gave up in the end and done it the hard way, I would try and get it to work with a cable before you use IP

good luck !

We have two machine with Heidenhain controllers:
    On our older model with a TNC 155b controller, we hooked it up with a serial device server from Moxa (Euro 170) and use TNCserver to request programs (which are saved on a PC) directly from the control/ machine.
    On the TNC 426 with a network card, we just plugged it in to the network, installed TNC Remo NT on the PC and with can access controller/ PC from both ends.

We have 1 new DMU 60T with Heidenhain TNC426 Controller. We have a problem to define and set 1 tool as a master tool so that everytime we change workpiece, only master tool (eg. edge finder) are used to set datum x0, y0 and z0.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    I tried to get TNC remote server to work on my laptop / RS232 cable / TNC410 controller and I gave up in the end and done it the hard way, I would try and get it to work with a cable before you use IP

good luck !
    on all controls 430 and prior, you need to have the pc configured in the control, then have pc on BEFORE booting TNC or it won't connect.
    MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '10]

we have 2 heidenhahn 426 controls, having no joy connecting using tnc remo nt, could it be the way the pins are configured in the rs232(25 pin ) connection, i have tried to download the correct way to solder wires- but cannot find it- any help appreciated

I cant get a connection either

Hi all, I too am trying to link a TNC 151 to my PC via a serial port. I have been unsuccesfull. I believe my lack of success is due partly to impoper configuration and partly to the fact that I have no idea on how to use the remo software. If anyone could point to a manual or could upload a few photographs/screenshots of how they are currenlty set up I would appreciate it alot!

Thanks all.

HOW THE HELL DO I CONNECT MY TNC155 TO ONE CNC USING A USB AND A RS232
    I HAVE DOWNLOADED TNCREMO
    DO I REALLY HAVE TO USE THE NET TO TRANSFER A FILE