584,866 active members*
5,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Centroid M400 code numbers

OK, i have my unlock codes for my M400, however i lost the number list that tells what is what like what number is for the digitizer and file size etc.... like i said i have the unlock codes and the names, just not the numbers to enter them.

anyway if anyone has that list it would be appreciated.

thanks

Just call centroid. Give them your serial # and it shouldn't be a problem. Todd

did that, they got pretty sh*tty with me when i asked for them. even though they looked through thier system and saw that i had the unlock codes, they wanted me to call up my local support guy and pay him around 1400 for them. so basically screw paying for something that i already have.

Centroid will only issue unlock codes to the person or company that bought them from Centroid. If you bought them directly form Centroid you can call direct. ( THis is usually not the case since all must go through a dealer ) So if bought through a dealer/rep/machine tool builder ect you must call them , let them call centroid they will get codes and supply to you. You will not have to pay for them again.. They do things in this way to make sure everyone involved was paid after options bought. If you think about it it makes sense. A note for info - option codes will only work for the control issued to, ie if you have Digitizing on kit sn1111 that same code will not work on sn 1122, every control has different codes.

So if the dealer you bought from is out of business or you bought the machine used and don't know where the guy bought it, you're screwed unless you pay ANOTHER profit to somebody???

Sounds like they're trying to be too much like Fanuc or trying to make duplicitious profits as opposed to satisfying customers.

The appearance is that Centroid seems to be unable to recognize the realities of the real world as opposed to rightfully protecting their intellectual property rights. You can respect them for protecting their rights but dealers are in business to make a buck and they need to. Charging a lot to provide codes seems to rate as a rip-off if the $1400 claim is valid.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Overly greedy businessmen don't last long.

If dealer is out of business, then Centroid would know this and would be able to give code. If customer had the permanent unlock code for the option then that would be proof that everyone along the chain was paid. If the customer had bought machine used and did not know the string of purchase, all would have to do is tell Centroid dont know who dealer was and again should have no problem. I can understand them wanting you to call the local support person, but you would not have to pay for it again. If you send me the Serial number ( K# on box) and what option your looking for I'll do whatever I can to help...

Arr5ow: you are in danger of changing the perception that some of us have of Centroid - as in someone who's trying to help the customer.

Perhaps if you're in the market for Centroid, you ought to buy from this particluar agent. A far and welcomed cry from some of the other Centroid experiences that have been conveyed.

Thanks for the kind words - I have done well with the Centroid and have no problem defending arguments about problems because I know it is a good product. I have been a Centroid rep for probably 15 years now - damn I'm getting old..... been a CNC service tech for 24 years , and had my own company for 16 years. Probably 75% of my work is service on FANUC's so I know that end also. Centroid is not in the realm of FANUC controls but for the majority of applications the work great.

Side note - who knows how to get rid of the 5 in my screen name ????

Terry

Try to log on and change your user profile in the appropriate box - I dunno how to get there though.....

Centroid Nightmare

Bought and paid for a Centroid CNC control, Attended their dealer school, and I am attempting to start up my First and LAST centroid control. Upon calling the tech for some assistance with the start up I was told I had a no service note on my file. All of this because I held their feet to the fire and made them live up to an agreement they made with me. ie After completion of the dealer school I would received my discount on the control I already paid for. Centroid has been the control company from hell. I am to the point of pulling it off the finished machine and installing a real CNC control. So if anybody is interested in a new M400 Control I will have one available in about a week. So for all of you Centroid coolaid drinkers out there, be careful, because they will do to you you what they are doing to me if it suits their fancy.
    AGH100

It's been awhile, but it still aggravates me......and if an FYI serves to warn people, my mission is complete.
    I've heard of very few people that have been completely satisfied customers.
    I am amazed how they stay in business.
    I guess they depend on new blood for their existence.
    I suggest looking into MACH3 from Art of cnc. if you
    want a low cost cnc control and a 50 man 24 hour support team (forum). Just a great bunch of guys and constant improvement and development.....and no unlock codes or BS.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...5.html?#000000

Angry Chuck rest assured

A "no service" note doesn't mean anything. You'll get the same service (meaning NONE) without the note!

Cool Centroid

I am darn glad I read this forum as I was about to order the Centroid control with the works to convert my SCM router, after this thread, absolutely no way a centroid.
    Unfortunately it's back to the drawing board to find a good quality controller " with first class back up"

Centroid Disaster nightmare

Update, I am so sick and tired of the lack of Centroid Service. With Westec just around the corner I plan the have John and Scott personally served with a summons and complaint. Maybe a lawsuit from a unhappy OEM will finally get their attention. So if any of you are thinking Centroid think again, I suggest you look for a real working CNC Control.
    AGH100

Funny I get service, but all they do is tell me to spend money on a new transformer a new upgraded sd3 board and it still doesn't fix the problem.

Have to agree

I am sorry that I have to agree with the majority about Centroid. It is one of the easiest controls to use and is very reliable, but if you need support you are screwed. I have been trying to get some info from them on getting mine to read from a network and beleive it or not the answer was "We don't know". I have spent $300 for them to upgrade my software and it still doesn't work and now the rep won't even answer my calls. No more of them for me. I have two Millstar II's and they are bulletproof. Wish I could get more of them.

ninthmp wrote:
    Funny I get service, but all they do is tell me to spend money on a new transformer a new upgraded sd3 board and it still doesn't fix the problem.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the problem you are trying to fix?

demo codes m400

interco unloc # 300 2791.1030
    cnc7 45 day demo 297 12559.7595
    cnc7 permanent unlock 398 5735.8718

A few answers and clarifications....

here is a list of CENTROID parameter #'s and basic instructions for entering the values.... and some notes and clarifications below..

Serial Number: Key A (plain): " this is the CENTROID CPU card serial number"

The following are necessary to unlock software features:

1. If at the demo mode expired screen, start at step 7.
    2. Go to the Main screen of the Control software.
    (Setup, Load, MDI ... across the bottom of the screen)
    3. Press <F1> to enter the Setup screen.
    4. Press <F3> to enter the Configuration screen.
    5. Type "137" in the window which asks for the password.
    Press <ENTER> to accept this.
    6. Press <F3> to enter the Parameters screen.
    7. Press <F1> and enter parameter number.
    8. Enter parameter value and then press <ENTER>.
    9. Repeat step 7 and 8 for each new parameter value.
    10. When finished with all parameters press <F10> to save.
    (more detailed instructions attached in PDF as well)
    (your unique unlock value)
    Option Parameter # Parameter Value
    CNC7 5.22-CNC10 2.66 Cutter comp= 200 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 5.22-CNC10 2.66 Drilling cycles =201 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 5.22-CNC10 2.66 comp Tapping cycles 202 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 5.22-CNC10 2.66 Subs & Macros 204 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 5.22+ WCS (Extended CNC10 2.68+) 205
    CNC7 5.22-CNC10 2.66 Multirange spindle 206 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 5.22+ Unlimited program size 207
    CNC7 5.22+ Digitizing 208
    CNC7 5.22+ Probing 209
    CNC7 5.22+ Scaling 210
    CNC7 7.08-CNC10 2.66 Spindle Speed 214 FREE w/ latest version
    CNC7 7.10+ Rigid Tapping 215
    CNC7 8.00+ Coordinate System Rotation 220
    CNC10 1.10+ DXF Import 221
    CNC7 7.00+ Permanent Unlock 298
    Intercon (GGE) 5.22+ 300 FREE w/ latest version
    MillWrite (with CNC7 5.22+) 500

1.) CENTROID has made many of its popular software options Free with the latest version of both its Linux based and Windows based CNC software.
    For instance: Compression Tapping, User definable Macros and Sub Programs, Cutter comp, 4th Axis software (linear or rotary), 4mb part file size, INTERCON conversation programming, high speed block throughput, g code backplot graphics, Advanced geometry smoothing (user adjustable) and the list goes on and on.. too many features to list here that are FREE and included with a CENTROID. I'll post some sections of the manual so you can see all of them.

2.) and CENTROID reduced prices on other software features (Coordinate System Rotation, Rigid tapping, offline INTERCON, Probing software, Unlimited file size as well. Price List attached.

If you look at the features that are not free, they are specialty type features that usually require tech support. For instance: Rigid Tapping, I don't know anyone that ever sets up Rigid Tapping on a machine without questions.. so the small fee for that option goes to pay the guy who can answer your call and get your machine running. Its interesting to note...In the case of rigid tapping often we are giving out free tech support for a machine we didn't sell and a inverter that we didn't sell and a encoder that we didn't sell to get all those items to play together and run well. Most people appreciate that.. i'm sorry if you don't. If you'd like to go for Mach3 and be at the mercy of a forum to get an answer go for it.. thats great and it is good for alot of hobbyist and guys with alot of time on their hands. But, if you want your machine to work and make parts so you can make money, paying for an option that comes with support is a no brainer.

If you sincerely can't get tech support from calling or emailing your local centroid dealer, tech rep or centroid support please give me a call on my cell phone (252) 305 4338
    Attached Files Attached Files

CENTROID hardware system price lists.

CENTROID Hardware price list for DC servo based systems up to 4 axes.

CENTROID Hardware price list for AC brushless based system up to 8 axes.

Factory assembled control ready to install price list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all-in-one-DC_board_rev12_921.jpg   cnc_block_diagram_3rd_party_1200.jpg   all-in-one-DC_rev14web.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12