584,800 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

link to Centroid Mill and Lathe operators manuals online

Re: Centroid M400 code numbers

I have many centeoid controls including a 20 year old m400. I think from Centroids perspective and I may be wrong is that they are a small staffed company. In retrospect imagine if they had to answer all tech calls? Perhaps it would only take a person as a full time position which is a small expense for the revenue they accrue. But a hrs lesson I’ve learned is they expect you to know the manual inside and out so you don’t waste their time on documented issues. I do wonder however if they actually understand people’s issues to the point I don’t want to use the forum at all because I get responses that don’t apply or they just don’t get what I’m explaining. For myself it’s tiresome and as a business person I am very limited in my time so I would rather deal with a company that can support me. I’ve also found some centroid dealers generous In Their tech help but I won’t mention names for their sanity. I also believe if they’ve helped you sending them some money for their time is worth it. I’m a poor man in a rich mans business who has spent three years trying to get off the ground. My m400 bedmill seems to operate decent and I’ve been able to find repair parts reasonable I guess. For spending $8000 on the mill I have had to spend another $4000 fixing it. Some centeoid hardware and some mill manufacture hardware. Now I do have the centroid acorn systems too. Those I’ve had no much fun working with. Very buggy and problematic where I’ve tested other controls that work fine. I haven’t given up on them yet and need to get some help with some of the issues and it may alleviate them but I’m sure one was a factory defect now out of warranty because I waited a year to install. For my customers in this case I’d probably and usually do extend the warranty and in fact I believe in giving as exceptional service I can for the limited time I have. Ultimately I’d like the entire shop running their boards and if I get through the next three they’ve likely gained a lifetime customer that can barely afford the $90/hr help rate. Now a lot of machinists that’s nothing especially if your busy making high dollar items. I’m busy making low dollar items that are a passion of mine and technically retired from a bad accident so I’m limited to how often I can work or whether my handicap leaves me in bed for a day. I’ve read their manuals front to back and resolved every possible issue I could. That’s when it’s time to call them even if the answer seems quick and simple. If you can get on board and not be mean to them then you’re likely to have a lifetime relationship. Like anyone attitudes are a turn off and I wouldn’t hesitate to ban a customer either if I didn’t want to deal with a jerk anymore. So imagine yourselves in their shoes and for a moment consider someone being rude to you. What do you do? In rare occasions some people are patient and understanding to these situations. I do know that someone who reads this forum has helped me and I’m very grateful to them. They’ve even sold me parts reasonably and someday when I can I will grace them with more money or a purchase for being so kind hearted. So there is something to be said in being treated fair and respectfully and that goes both ways for everyone. Now feel free to whine on.

One thing is for sure... a Centroid hater thread never dies. They are often brought back or kept at the the top by (mostly) pro-Centroid posts after 10+ years!

hey everyone has a right to have some cheese with their whine..
    Centroid has excellent support and solid hardware and software..if you don't believe me go ask these guys.
    https://centroidcncforum.com/viewfor...a47a092abb1fa9
    This is our 40th year producing and supporting every CNC control we every made.
    Good luck with your projects!

PS. Brain (Uguessedit) What bugs are you referring to with Acorn? Acorn is solid! the issues you had if i remember correctly were not following my instructions (see all the instructional videos here https://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=61) and i think you had a (non centroid) probe that wouldn't recenter? anyways..we are always on the Acorn Tech Support forum to help out. https://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Page 2 of 2 12