584,817 active members*
4,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 12 of 12 2101112
    There are contributes on this thread there that are taking this project to a higher level. My participation on this conversion development has ended. Onward to other projects.

Thank you,
    Wayne
    Wayne Hill

G-Code Ripper Now Exports to DXF

I have updated G-Code Ripper to export DXF formatted files. The latest G-Code Ripper files are located here G-Code Ripper V0.05.

The rapid and controlled moves are written to different layers with different color indexes. The rapid moves can optionally be omitted from the G-Code Ripper output.

All of the arcs (G2/G3 moves) are converted to multiple linear segments for now. I will include arc output to the DXF file if there is interest. I am not sure what people are using g-code to DXF conversion data for. If it is for visualization the linear approximation should be sufficient.

I also added an option to export tool path data in CSV (Comma Separated Value) format. I am sure someone will find a use for the CSV format.

I am open to suggestions for improvement.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Re: G-Code to DXF

Thanks for this program. I can confirm it runs on win10 laptop. Yes, some funny arcs, but its a real time saver to recover lost drawings. Can always fill in the details, and delete extras myself.

Great times we live in. With this app, and somewhat usable raster to vector conversion its actually possible to reverse engineer simple items. No probe for my router so havent gone there yet.

Wayne,
    Thanks for great program works fine for me on Win 10 64 desktop.
    I would very much like to be able to remove the rapid tool movements above the work plane, is there a version, or do you know of a version that allows removal of rapids?
    Thanks again for the great work,
    RustySparks

Hi All,

I figured this is worth a bump.

Wayne Hill's original program (post #15) and Jonk's (#36) were the only two that worked for me. Wayne's read all my G codes with the shortened syntax of G1, G2, G3, etc. but only used up to 4 decimal places for the coordinates. Jonk's read up to 5 decimal places but needed all the G codes replaced with their longer counterparts (G01, G02, etc).

Thanks to all for a huge time saver!

You are welcome. It seems a lifetime ago the program was written. Looks like it still stands up.
    Wayne Hill

I need a convert G-code to draw can you do that

Quote Originally Posted by aliqahtan View Post
    I need a convert G-code to draw can you do that
    What do you mean "to draw"? Are you asking whether it converts to *.drw?
    The whole thread here is about *.dxf and I'm certain that it there's no way possible for it to convert to drw.

Page 12 of 12 2101112