585,930 active members*
4,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > How to change voltage on a Fanuc 6m

How to change voltage on a Fanuc 6m

Hi
    I am actualing burning up an Amada Coma punching machine with the fanuc 6m cnc controller.
    I need to change the working voltage between 400Volt (european) to the 200Volt (South America)
    On the instruction manual and electrical drawings it seems possible.
    In fact the electric motor on the puncher has the dual voltage 400 or 220Volt and there is also a little trafo with the possibility to change between 400 and 200.
    Now i have the problem with the electronic system because in the drawings all the power units of fanuc are inserted on a NC UNIT but there are no instructions on how to change the voltage.
    I opened all the doors of the cabinet and there are two transformers, one big with 5Kva power for the X Y and turret axis controls and another one on the back panel, near the power unit model a06b 6042 c013 with all the voltage between 200 and 580Volts.
    Can anybody help me to find the right way to change, if there is the necessity of the voltage on this trafo.
    Is this the only one i need to change?
    Hope to have an answer as soon as possible

Have a nice day

I have no information on Amada with 6P, but if you refer to the electrical drawings it should explain, you will only need to change the transformers that have 440 supply to them, any other transformers that are fed from the secondary of these transformers do not need to be changed.
    If there are other unmarked transformers connected to the 440, and they have input taps then you may need to find out by using a meter by voltage check to find out the 220v input, if they have one.
    Check the schematics for any other circuits connected to 440v, I would not expect a great deal apart from the transformers.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.