584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Proteo 5 Axis by Barer Engineeirng

Does anybody have any experience with this machine? It has a Fagor 8050m control. Just bought it on Ebay.
    Thanks.

1995! PROTEO 5-AXIS HORIZONTAL MICRO-MACHINING CENTER Model D94

I am familiar with the machine. I worked with them a little bit years ago. I do not know if they are still in business or not.

With that said, the Fagor Engineer who undoubtly knows this machine better than anybody in North America is Mohit Gambhir at the Fagor Automation Mississauga, Canada office. (Toronto area) His phone # is 905-670-7448

Mohit was the key engineer with Proteo and undoubtly created the PLC program and Machine Parameter sets for that specific machine. If you have any specific questions, he is probably your best option.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Proteo

Thanks Todd,
    I'll call him. I hope he also has a manual. Barer Engineering is still in biz and parts are available.

Unhappy Control does not find PLC program on EEPROM

Hi!

I am from Germany and have a Proteo D94 with Fagor 8050M control, too. Some time ago the back-up battery died and after changing it for a new one, the control unit did not find the PLC program on the EEPROM any more. I got a tip from Fagor in Germany to play around with PAGESMEM and PLCMEM parameters, hoping to let the control find the PLC program by changing the partition settings for the EEPROM, but it did not work.

I also read out the binary data from the EEPROM directly to check if it might be empty. There is a small "data fragment" on it. I tried to contact Proteo in italy for a copy of the PLC programm but they did not answer any of my e-mails.

So my last hope is to get some tips in this forum. Maybe someone could also provide a copy of the PLC program for the Proteo D94?

Any tips which help to get the control and machine work together again are highly welcome!

With best regards
    Arne

PLC Pgms

Your in luck! I backed up all my params from the 8050 I have. I am travelling and will need to have them emailed to me then I will send them to you. Can you please copy the Manuals for the proteo to PDF and email them to me.

Help for Barer-Proteo D/94!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdgroup View Post
    Thanks Todd,
    I'll call him. I hope he also has a manual. Barer Engineering is still in biz and parts are available.
    Hi, do you know if parts are still available for that model?

It looks like there is not many Barer-Proteo D/94 working in North America.

Thanks!

Smile

@ rdgroup:

Wow, that sounds good! :banana: Many thanks. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address. I scanned the manual (including drawings for parts lists) of my Proteo as .pdf today, filesize is about 5MB. Unfortunately it is in Italian language. Please let me know if you need the Fagor 8050M manuals, too. These I found some time ago in the internet and they are in English language.

With best regards :cheers:
    Arne

Manuals

Thankfully my wife is Italian and "Yes I need a copy of the english manuals".
    Thanks

me too!

Hey all,

I bought one of these from NASA last summer and just now getting around to setting it up. Sexy little machine.

The info plate on the machine base does not have the required voltage on it. There are a warning stickers that say "220". The controller's info plate says that the "tension" (volts) is 208. The machine itself has a 3 phase 4 prong 50 amp plug. I was told that 208 is produced by taking one leg off of a 277 volt 3 phase power supply. Would this imply that the machine wants 277 volt 3 phase?

If any one can look at their data plate and tell me what they have stamped in it that would be great.

I am also hoping to get copies of the various manuals.

Thanks in advance.

-Ken Cameron

Voltage

Mine is 115v. There is an internal transformer that should look kike a big dougnut inside the cab. That unit may have been wired relative to the 480v that Nasa uses. The 277 is between 2 legs. From ground and one leg it could be 277 as well. You will need to look at the taps on the transformer inside to see hou it's wired. I will email you the manual to help. Arne sent these to me and they have the wiring in them. I don't have the english manual but you may try to get it from Nasa if you can. Send me your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by KenCameron View Post
    Hey all,

I bought one of these from NASA last summer and just now getting around to setting it up. Sexy little machine.

The info plate on the machine base does not have the required voltage on it. There are a warning stickers that say "220". The controller's info plate says that the "tension" (volts) is 208. The machine itself has a 3 phase 4 prong 50 amp plug. I was told that 208 is produced by taking one leg off of a 277 volt 3 phase power supply. Would this imply that the machine wants 277 volt 3 phase?

If any one can look at their data plate and tell me what they have stamped in it that would be great.

I am also hoping to get copies of the various manuals.

Thanks in advance.

-Ken Cameron

Looking for Proteo TL-25

Hi There, I'm looking for a Proteo TL-25 for a specific project. Anybody know of one?

Sander

Re: Proteo 5 Axis by Barer Engineeirng

Hi Ken,
    Do you still have this machine?
    Please text me if you do. 954-421-8012
    Thx

Re: Proteo 5 Axis by Barer Engineeirng

Hey rdgroup, I just saw this message and sent you a text message. No reply yet. Feel free to call or txt me a 512-584-9233

-Ken Cameron