584,849 active members*
4,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy doosan v550/fanuc 18t

I had the machine fault out on a 424 alarm. It had just finished the part and should have just been starting to rapid out. Could not reset without turning the power off. Now that i did that, All the lights are flashing on and off and I am getting a 400 code?. It is on the main program page flashing between the left and right spindle programs. We have powered it down several time to try to reset the fault with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AL424 is servo alarm, go and see what is the alarm code shown on servo amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by davehrdy0909 View Post
    I had the machine fault out on a 424 alarm. It had just finished the part and should have just been starting to rapid out. Could not reset without turning the power off. Now that i did that, All the lights are flashing on and off and I am getting a 400 code?. It is on the main program page flashing between the left and right spindle programs. We have powered it down several time to try to reset the fault with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you see any alarms on your servo drive displays?
    Usually the 400 series alarms denote the RAM parity error, but the 424 is an alarm on the 2nd servo in your system (Y-Axis on mill and Z-Axis on a lathe).
    The Fanuc book #B65165E will show the alarms and their remedies for you.

Marko
    [email protected]

Any 4XX alarm means Servo Alarm. You should take a look to the ServoAmplifier display code to known the fault origen.

The 424 alarm is an unlisted alarm, but the 400 is not. basically you have a overload condition on one of your axis.
    SERVO ALARM: n-TH AXIS OVERLOAD ( n is the axis )
    check diag. 201 bit 7 the left most digit.
    0 = motor overload
    1 = servo amp. overload.
    check for swarf build up, damaged axis guards and slide lube unit all could contribute to the above alarm. Either way, you will probably need your local machine tool engineer to have a look.
    Well I've never seen it do that before!!!!!!!

Wot, they said ......

Fanuc 18 alpha

400 = Over heat alarm on servo module/servo motor or faulty fan on servo module/servo motor
    B-65165E/02 Page 105

424 is not listed for alpha motor or any other

best to check the codes on the servo modules in the electrical cabinet !

Thamks guys for te info. Now atleast i have an idea where to start!

There are small fans on the heat sinks of each drive modules that commonly acumillate dirt or residues from the surrounding environment. Usually can be cleaned to restore function.

400!

Ok lets ask the obvious as 400's are kind of umbrella like.
    What alarm are u getting on the drive! Thats the real story. Remember when it comes to trouble shooting 1st rule of diagnostics is ask who is your god? in this case the crt alarm is generated from the drive thus the drive is god and all else is mute. Find out the alarm on drive then proceed.

von007
    Chips AHOY