585,728 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese laser. power suggestion

Hello all

I am asking offers from few Chinese laser manufacturers direct from China.
    I have got each other better offers, and assurances of good quality.
    That is ok and relevant.

But choosing the machine size and laser power is not very easy.Especially the power. I think i will purchase machine with 1200x900 and power 100w or more. I have told that bigger tube is not good for engraving even thought power is adjustable. Is that true and why so?

I think i will buy big enough and power enough at once.(only Chinese, reason for price) I am just starting my laserjob, so i do not know what will be my main job. (cutting or engraving and materials)

I do not have any experience with lasemachines but i have cut a lot with plasma and propane/oxy. Cutting machine is homemade with Mach3 control.
    So i think i can solve little problems with machine. And i have read if i will buy Chinese laser i cadge trouble. I am a man and cannot believe before i see!

I have searched from this group but maybe my english is so limited i havent found right keywords.

Please help me and tell us your experience

Thanks

Vekku

Vekku,

It is difficult to suggest power since you do not know the application.

If you expect to mainly cut and want fast speeds or capability for thicker materials, then 100W would be a good choice. If you can accept slightly lower speeds and multi-pass, but need improved control for engraving a 60W may be better.

I would suggest the RF excited tubes, if they are in your budget.

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Vekku,

If you expect to mainly cut and want fast speeds or capability for thicker materials, then 100W would be a good choice. If you can accept slightly lower speeds and multi-pass, but need improved control for engraving a 60W may be better.

Zax.
    Thanks for the intrest.

Let us suppose that we use same machine and engrave same job with 100w tube and after that 60w tube. Previous test we have found out that required power is 30w. 100w tube has adjust at 30% of power and 60w tube at 50% of power. Which makes better quality? And why?

Vekku

Keep in mind that
    1) Laser dot from 100 Wt will be bigger than from 60 Wt.
    2) For glass tube better use less power in percentage. In this case tube will work longer.
    So suggestion is 100 Wt with different lenses for different applications.

But still not enough information for proper and detailed advice - which materials you want cut/engrave

Quote Originally Posted by salmve View Post
    Let us suppose that we use same machine and engrave same job with 100w tube and after that 60w tube. Previous test we have found out that required power is 30w. 100w tube has adjust at 30% of power and 60w tube at 50% of power. Which makes better quality? And why?
    Vekku
    You could achieve the same result, providing the lens has the same spot size. Commonly the spot size is larger on 100W, so the potential resolution is lower. Depending on the application that may not be important.

Zax.

Thanks for both of you.

As i said i am just starting my laserhobby. So the materials and methods are not clear yet. Time will show.

Two offers are uppermost, so i have to decide which one. Both of them has listed here in CNCZone.

Vekku