584,866 active members*
4,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Question Paramteric Program

Hi

Wanted to know about parametric programming.

What i want a program which will work as under -

I will jog on to the part & after the edge finder kick, i will press cycle start. Than the machine control should capture the machine positions & store it on a memory card. The sequence of storing the locations will be the sequence of Point Pickup.

Also wanted to know about the Spindle probe mechanism. I have heard that it automatically aligns the part to the machining centre. U don't have to break your head & hours for aligning the part to the machining centre.
    Some manufacturers like Heindan & Reinshaw have launched such product.

Need Help...

Ash

Hey Ash,
    I finally found the post here. Anyway you got some answers to this in the PM I sent you but you still have not told me what control you are using?? This is very important as to the syntax and system variables that are going to be used to accomplish this.

So please specify the control model you are using.

Stevo

Cool Machine Control

Thanks steve for your support, time & patience.

I have an Mitsubhishi M64 control. The machine is Pinnacle 1100 Model.

Ash

Parametric Programing Resource

I am a newbie at parametric programing. Had 0 luck finding a contract programmer that could work in Fanuc Custom Macro B so I have resorted to taking an on line class. Just thought I would throw this out there for you.

http://www.cncci.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HBFixedGear View Post
    I am a newbie at parametric programing. Had 0 luck finding a contract programmer that could work in Fanuc Custom Macro B so I have resorted to taking an on line class. Just thought I would throw this out there for you.

http://www.cncci.com/
    What kind of machine(s) are you wanting programmed using Macro B? Rather surprised you couldn't find anyone. Steve is just one of several guys on this forum with lots of Macro B experience.

More than one has helped me. Steve especially has been very helpful.

Are you looking to program families of parts using Macro B, or for operations written using Macro B that can be used with any part?

I did a Macro B lathe program a few months ago for a guy (for free) just because I really enjoy that type of programming. Unfortunately I only program for lathes. (Not by choice, however. )

Fanuc macros

I learned to program macros straight out of a book. Peter Smid's Fanuc Custum Macro B was actually pretty good to get me started. Was a very quick read. Once you learn to work with the macro functions, going from one machine to the other isn't really all that complicated if you have that machine's manuals handy. There are usually only very slight variations in structure from one machine to the next.

Red face Hi All

hI ALL...

Thanks for your continual reply.

But really could not any verdict over whether that type of parametric programming.

& still fighting to know whether any such provision is there or not?

:boxing:

I guess i put it in a wrong fashion. I will try to put in a single sentence -

"Can the machine positions be captured in a program file?"

Ash

Ash,
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yes this should be possible on your machine. I don’t have much experience with Misubhishi controls so I am not going to have the right syntax for you. I will still give you an example of how you should be able to program this but you will have to fill in the proper variables.

On my Fanucs there are variables that are the current machine position.
    #5041=current X position
    #5042=current Y position
    #5043=current Z position
    You will have to get the proper variables for your control that track the current position. Let’s say that you are going to try to find the center of a square part on the machine.

O0001(find part program)
    M0(edge find right side then push cycle start)
    #100=#5041(sets right edge position to #100)
    M0(edge find left side then push cycle start)
    #101=#5041(sets left edge position to #101)
    M0(edge find top edge then push cycle start)
    #102=#5042(sets top edge position to #102)
    M0(edge find bottom edge then push cycle start)
    #103=#5042(sets bottom edge position to #103)
    #104=[#100+#101]/2(sets #104 to the center X of the part)
    #105=[#102+#103]/2(sets #105 to the center Y of the part)
    #5241=#104(#5241 is my G55 X variable. I don’t know what yours is)
    #5242=#105(#5242 is my G55 Y variable)
    M30

You will have to find your variables for your workoffset or if you have the G10 function you can set it that way.
    G10L2P2X#104Y#105

It is just a real basic program. A lot more can be added to make it do what you want.

Stevo

Red face

Hi Stevo

Thanks for your time, patience & Support.

Well, I again need to elaborate you about my requirement -

We have parts which have a nominal tolerance & we want to inspect it on machining centre. As the geometery of the parts are round, square or rectangular shape, so it will be possible to inspect on machining centre.
    As the parts are not 3D profile & also not having close tolerance ( either customer would prefer CMM machine for the same ).
    So i want to do is edge find the part & than plot in a CAD software & then by deducting edge finder radius value & than conclude whether they reflect to the drawing tolerances.

WELL I WANTED TO ASK, WHETHER IS THERE ANY SUCH PARAMETRIC PROGRAM WHICH CAN CAPTURE THE MACHINE READINGS IN A FILE (than the file can be transfered to Computer through Memory card ).

Well i guess i have cleared the direction for all.

Thanks All

Ash

Ok Ash I am with you now.

Yes this is done all the time. It is the exact same concept of gathering the data points as I gave you in the previous post. This is commonly done and then the DPRNT function is used to send the data to PC/printer. Now I don’t know how to do it to the memory card because I don’t use one. I do know that it is possible. I can help you to write the program to get the dimensions of the parts into the variables on the machines but we are going to need someone else to chime in on the memory card syntax. I will also need some help with the exact code your Mits control uses.

Do you have any books on this control or anyway of finding out what the variables are for the “current machine position”? Any examples on macro programming would also be helpful.

The most logical thing to do is write 3 separate programs to find the points on a square, rectangle, and circle then put that data in the variables so that they can be written to the memory card.

The “parametric” forum here does not get a lot of traffic so if we don’t see anyone chime in on the memory card or some pointers on the mits code then I will PM a few people to see if they can help out.

Stevo

Output Macros

You would be using the DPRINT like steveo was saying in addition to POPEN and PCLOSE. A very generic macro to do what you are asking would look something like this :

O1234
    POPEN
    #33 = 0
    WHILE [#33 LE [#2-#1]] DO1
    #32 = #[#1 + [#33]]
    #31 = #33+#1
    DPRNT [VAR #3[5] ***DATA #32[57]]
    #33 = #33 +1
    END1
    PCLOSE
    M99

Call using g65 p1234 A(lowest # variable to be sent). B(highest variable sent)

This should store the variables into a .txt file. I will be away from the machine until tomorrow and will look further into it when I do. Also, like steveo was saying, would need more information on your machines macro variables and acceptable codes.

Smile

oK...

gUYS....

I will dig it from the machine manual...

I will let you know as soon as possible.

Ash

Thanks for your time, support & Patience

Question

Hi.

Guys did a lot of digging the whole night on the machine as well as in the manual. I Jogged the machine to a position ( X175.0 Y175.0 Z175.0 ) & was finding the value in the parameter as well as variable, but i couldn't find any such value either on the machine.

I guess these variables values are hidden.

:tired:

& Basically as i am unware of variables & parameters, i guess i was digging up in a wrong fashion..

Well luckily all the Mitsubhishi's manual are avaliable at -

http://meau.com/eprise/main/sites/pu...FAM=0001010005

Also if anyone provide me the mail Id i can mail the same manuals.

I gave a wrong input previously, my Control is M60S & not M64 Magic.

Regards,

Ash

Thanks for your time, support & patience.

Found it

Hi All...

I google down the Peter Smid Book & really its very very helpful. I found the same Parameter number embedded for my Mits Control too.

Its 5021 - X axis
    5022 - Y axis
    5023 - Z axis

In MDI, I commanded -

#101=#5021 & it changed the value of the local variable to the current machine position in X axis.

:banana:

Now, i want to frame a program picking up 2 positions on the machines & than saving the same in a txt file (as charlie told ).

Stevo & Charlie - Please help me out.

Also Charlie, u gave me the program of capturing the variable data into control's memory, but can u describe the meaning of each of those codes so i can proceed further...That will be really thankful.

Ash...

Thanks for your continual time, patience & really thankful to all of you.

Hi James

Well i guess u wrote down the program to output varaible data throught RS 232C Port. Well my machine does not any such provision. It has a memory card.

Does that program needs any output storage location setting ???

Also what we can do is write the variable data into machine control memory & than copy it on to memory card.

Ash.

Sick

Sorry I've been out a bit.. sick. I should be back at the controller tomorrow to rack my brain some more. My controller also uses a memory card so I'm trying to puzzle out the same thing. I'm thinking that it may be a setting on the controller to determine the location of variables saved through dprnt and will look into it further.

I also want to know how to DPRINT on a PCMCIA memory card.

Arrow Awaited Response

Well, its long long time now & we need to fix the Problem as soon as Possible.

I had been through Custom Macro B programming Book (by Peter Smid). It referes to a format which outputs the Variable to a TXT file.

Well, James L also discused it before.

But anyone please help to let understand the Program Format & Loop Function ?

Also it was mentioned in the book that is it not Possible to Output a Varaible Output TXT file on a Memory Card. It is only possible through RS232C port.

We all were trying to debug the Problem for which there is no Solution.

Also can anybody post a Varaible TXT file (output through RE232 port) ?

Ash.

Thanks for your TIME, PATIENCE & SUPPORT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Format.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    On my Fanucs there are variables that are the current machine position.
    #5041=current X position
    #5042=current Y position
    #5043=current Z position

Let’s say that you are going to try to find the center of a square part on the machine.

O0001(find part program)
    M0(edge find right side then push cycle start)
    #100=#5041(sets right edge position to #100)
    M0(edge find left side then push cycle start)
    #101=#5041(sets left edge position to #101)
    M0(edge find top edge then push cycle start)
    #102=#5042(sets top edge position to #102)
    M0(edge find bottom edge then push cycle start)
    #103=#5042(sets bottom edge position to #103)
    #104=[#100+#101]/2(sets #104 to the center X of the part)
    #105=[#102+#103]/2(sets #105 to the center Y of the part)
    #5241=#104(#5241 is my G55 X variable. I don’t know what yours is)
    #5242=#105(#5242 is my G55 Y variable)
    M30
    I have a confusion.
    I understand that MCS coordinates are fed into work offset system variables, for shifting the workpiece zero point to the desired location.
    If so, shouldn't #5041 etc. be replaced by #5021 etc?

For the benefit for those who have never used a WHILE statement, I have attached one example with complete explanation. on Ashish's request.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123