584,829 active members*
4,868 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Graphics in Bridgeport machine with HEIDENHAIN TNC 155

Graphics in Bridgeport machine with HEIDENHAIN TNC 155

If I write a program, for example. something like:

%1003 G71
    N10 G0 G40 G90
    N20 G54 X-400 Y-150 Z-300
    N21 G30 G17 X-20 Y-20 Z-10
    N22 G31 G90 X20 Y20 Z0

N30 G99 T10 L130 R3,5
    N40 G99 T11 L94 R1,5
    N50 T10 G17 S1600
    N60 G1 M6
    N70 G0 X0 Y0 Z20 M13
    N80 G1 Z0 F1000
    N90 Z-2,5 F100
    N100 G41 X12 Y0
    N110 Y7,25
    N120 X-12
    N130 Y-7,25
    N140 X12
    N150 Y0
    N160 G40 X0 Y0
    N350 G0 Z150
    N360 Y100
    N370 M30
    N9999 %1003 G71

Is the G-code is given correctly for the web graphics?
    If I then press "MOD" and then choose for example. 3D display mode, and then give "START", my model does not do anything. Why?

Not sure about G code, but you need a workpiece definition to get any graphics display on most of the controls. You might find a programming manual on their website

Workpiece definition is on line "N21" and "N22" (written in Bold). "G30" defines minimum of workpiese, and "G31" define maximum point of workpiese.

If you don`t already have it you can download the 155 programming manual from here.
    https://filebase.heidenhain.de/doku/...40/N13F40.html

It defines the rules for graphics display

Thanks for the link, that I was looking for, but I did not find it.

I suspect it may have something to do with your G54 (datum shift). Have you tried placing the G54 after the blank form definition (G30/31)?
    Will you graphics show without the G54 in the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhyyra View Post
    I suspect it may have something to do with your G54 (datum shift). Have you tried placing the G54 after the blank form definition (G30/31)?
    Will you graphics show without the G54 in the program?
    I will try to define the zero point after definition a piece. Maybe it will work. I will report.

I tried, but there is no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hartan View Post
    If I write a program, for example. something like:
    .......If I then press "MOD" and then choose for example. 3D display mode, and then give "START", my model does not do anything. Why?
    Can I just ask how you are trying to run it in graphics?

On our machine (TNC155B, but with a different actual machine tool, and in conversational mode) we use graphics quite a lot and very successfully. One trick (from the manual) is that you have to be in "run full program" or "run step" mode. Our sequence is :
    1. Send program to TNC155B
    2. If necessary, edit in edit mode
    3. Press the button for 'Run full program'
    4. Press program number and confirm you are in correct program
    5. (if necessary) press [Goto] 0 (or whatever) to make sure you start from the beginning of the program
    6. (if necessary) press [Mode] and select Iso-3 or 3D etc.
    7. (if necessary) press [BlkForm] to get the blank workpiece displayed
    8. Press the graphics [Start]
    9. While it is running, there is a * next to the line number at the top of the screen
    10. If there is no *, it is stopped either at the end of program, or waiting for a tool change? If it stops, just press the graphics [Start] again.

Dave

I will try according to your instructions. Thank you.
    I'm interested in something ... There is any key to verify the correctness of the program? What does the "Program-test"? Found errors in the program?

Quote Originally Posted by hartan View Post
    ...... There is any key to verify the correctness of the program? What does the "Program-test"? Found errors in the program?
    From the TNC155B manual we have:
    "Before machining, the program can be subjected to a test for geometrical errors, without machine movement. The control calculates the program sequence as per a normal program run." (and also, just like a graphics run, it stops at every STOP and every tool change as well).

As we understand it, all this does is check that the machine doesn't think it has gone outside limits. Machine builders often set MP to their max, so this is only of any use if you manually set the MOD limits for XYZ each time - and it can't take any account of fixtures etc., nor does it know the whereabouts of the uncontrolled axis (e.g. knee). All we do is check it in PartMaster before we send it to the machine, then run it in graphics - but in both cases it is the human ("mark 1 eyeball" !) that is doing the real checking - I would never rely on the Program Test button to be definite that the program was safe (although if you're using Parametric programming, it could be a useful extra check).

Dave

1. Send program to TNC155B
    2. If necessary, edit in edit mode
    3. Press the 'Run full program'
    'Run ful program' you mean press button for automatic?
    4. Press program number and confirm you are in correct program
    5. (if necessary) press [Goto] 0 (or whatever) to make sure you start from the beginning of the program
    That i do
    6. (if necessary) press [Mode] and select Iso-3 or 3D etc.
    That i do
    7. (if necessary) press [BlkForm] to get the blank workpiece displayed
    That i do
    8. Press the graphics [Start]
    That i do
    9. While it is running, there is a * next to the line number at the top of the screen
    If I have in the Auto mode, showing me * at the top of the screen on the left and is considered a lines. However, the model nothing happens. When come to the end of sentences, the model did not change.
    10. If there is no *, it is stopped either at the end of program, or waiting for a tool change? If it stops, just press the graphics [Start] again.
    As I mentioned, the model did not change. Although I came to the end of the program.

hi Hartan,

yes - for 'Run full program' = button for automatic.

All of our TNC programming is done using Heidenhain's 'conversational/klartext'; so I don't write G-code for the TNC and I'm slightly confused by some of the G code you posted, e.g. why G1 before the M6 in line 60. Also not sure what macro M13 does on your machine. One thing I did notice - but I don't know if it will affect your graphics - is that I can't see anything in your program to actually start the spindle? - would have expected an M03 or M04 perhaps?

Looking at the code and backplotting it with NCplot, it does cover a lot of co-ordinate space. When you run a graphics simulation, it starts from wherever the real XYZ of the head is in real XYZ at the moment you press the graphics [Start] - just the same as if you had actually pressed the Cycle Start to actually machine the piece. I wonder if this is why you don't actually see anything being machined on your screen?

Did you try what Zhyyra said and run graphics with no datum shift?

Can I suggest that you start with a simple program that
    define simple BlkForm like you have X +/- 20 Y +/- 20 Z 0 to -10
    just one tool of L10 and R5
    machine a couple of slots within the block
    Then, most important, before you press graphics [Start] go into manual mode and set the datum for X Y and Z all to 0

Dave

I will try, thanks ...