586,013 active members*
3,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Parameter lost in Wasino CM-3 with Fanuc OM

Parameter lost in Wasino CM-3 with Fanuc OM

Hello, I am new to this community, please help me out here.
    I work in a university. We have a CNC mill, 1989-Wasino CM-3 using Fanuc OM controller. It has been a reliable machine for many years. Because the machine is quite old, we can only input code manually. This is not a problem for student who is learning basic CNC concept. Recently a group of student needed to input a long code by RS-232 for their project and they tried to find out how. During the process we accidently disconnect the battery which supplies the machine RAM. Now we totally lose the machine parameter without backup.
    Because the machine was taken care and handed over by several people in the pass. We have losted the machine manual and all neccessary document sincluding the controller manual, now I don't know how to fix this problem. I wonder if anyone does have Wasino cm-3 or similar model.I search from many resource and notice that the Wasino WMC-3 has similar configuration, but I am not sure about that. If anyone can guild us how to get these parameters back, we'll be appriciated as we desperately need it back for the class.
    Thank you very much

finally got it

With the assistance from Wasino, I finally have the parameters back and I just put them in.
    Thank you for all visitor coming to see this post.

Welcome to the group. I am glad that you got the machine running again.

Did you load the parameters via RS232 or by hand? If you have the machine communicating via RS232 so you can load the long code then make a backup of everything on the control just in case this happens again.

Also attached is the procedure for the Oseries and the pinout for the cable.

Good luck,
    Stevo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Alarm 530 Z+ overtravel after setting zero

Thank you Stevo, I input the parameter manually. That wasn't a problem since they are not so many. Also Wasino sent me in a form of photocopy too.
    Anyway after input the parameter, the machine limits were misplace. I was told to zero it out. However there was a problem on z axis. It moved passing the home position and hit the second limit switch ( the last one that prevents the ram crash to the end of column). After that I can't make machine to move even on the O.T.Release mode.
    I've posted this problem in another thread. I hope someone can help me out on this too.
    My machine is now able to comunicate through RS232. But every time we loaded the program, after PC show 'transmission successful', the CNC monitor keep showing 'INPUT' and stuck there until we unplugged the cable. Then the program was loaded. So basically it works, only that we have to unplug the cable everytime after the loading process. It was not covenient but I can live with that.
    Anyway, thank you again for your help and the information you gave us.

Pao

Pao,
    As to the RS232 problem try putting a % symbol at the end of the program after the M30.

When you press and hold the OT release button everything comes back on but you can’t move the Z. Typically you can only move in the JOG mode or the Handwheel. I have had machines were you can’t move in JOG. Only in Handwheel. If you still can’t get the machine to move with the Handwheel then you may have to manually turn the ball screw off of the switch then the alarm should clear.

Once you get this working what you will probably have to do is reset your soft overtravel limits so it can not travel to the switch.

Stevo

back to work again

Stevo,

The machine is now working as before. Thank you for your information, you have been very helpful,

With All The Best,
    Pao

Pao,

You’re more than welcome for the help.

What was the fix to the problem? It’s good to post the results so if anyone comes across the same issue and reads this thread they have ideas to try.

Stevo

i have problem

I have very old CNC Punching machine
    it is AMADA PEGA 244 with CNC Fanuc O4P-C
    I Have 2 Problems

1st

the problem was that in start up in cnc mode it give message Power off Start Again when i select MMC mode it show 3 alarms

1- Alarm 100 parameter write Enable
    2- Alarm 417 servo Alarm x Axis parameter
    3- Alarm 427 servo Alarm Y Axis Parameter
    I entered to parameter list i find most of it zeros . I haven't the parameter list of the machine . also when i press on MDI push bottom it is not active . i want the procedure to change the parameters.

2nd

while one of my friends want to help me to fix the problem he remove the battery while the power was OFF . after that when switch the power on again we find in CNC mode new message '' SYSTEM ERRO''. and in MMC mode the page of alarms and parameter not come it stop after checking memory then i couldn't even go to parameter pages now .

i need help from my friends here to fix all this problems .

best regards

Attia

Quote Originally Posted by microinv View Post
    Thank you Stevo, I input the parameter manually. That wasn't a problem since they are not so many. Also Wasino sent me in a form of photocopy too.
    Anyway after input the parameter, the machine limits were misplace. I was told to zero it out. However there was a problem on z axis. It moved passing the home position and hit the second limit switch ( the last one that prevents the ram crash to the end of column). After that I can't make machine to move even on the O.T.Release mode.
    I've posted this problem in another thread. I hope someone can help me out on this too.
    My machine is now able to comunicate through RS232. But every time we loaded the program, after PC show 'transmission successful', the CNC monitor keep showing 'INPUT' and stuck there until we unplugged the cable. Then the program was loaded. So basically it works, only that we have to unplug the cable everytime after the loading process. It was not covenient but I can live with that.
    Anyway, thank you again for your help and the information you gave us.

Pao
    you have a fanuc Om series parameter list? please give me a photocopy , i really need it , i have a machine but now it lost all parameter, i dont what to do, so pls give me a photocopy

Quote Originally Posted by lancy159 View Post
    you have a fanuc Om series parameter list? please give me a photocopy , i really need it , i have a machine but now it lost all parameter, i dont what to do, so pls give me a photocopy
    @lancy159: PM me your e-mail address, I'll sent you.

wat do u want?param description or parameters value list?

Re: Parameter lost in Wasino CM-3 with Fanuc OM

I need help with the parameters on my machine. I deleted them by accident and I cant find them no where. I had search all over but cant seem to find them. if any one can help, I would appreciate it. its a wasino wmc-3 with Fanuc OM

you think you can help me, I have the same problem happening to me now. I lost all the parameters for my machine. im going crazy I don't know what to do

hello my friend
    do you mean inverter parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I lost all the parameters for my cnc miller, so I need to input all of them

Could someone please send me the parameters Wasino WMC-3 control fanuc 10
    Help